Two Lashkar-e-Toiba militants killed in Handwara identified as Pakistan nationalsNovember 29th, 2010 - 11:36 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Nov.29 (ANI): The two militants who died in the encounter in Jammu and Kashmir’s Handwara region have been identified as Pakistani nationals belonging to the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT).
The militants were killed in a joint operation launched by police, 21 Rajashthan Rifles and the Army in the Moldari Wadder forests.
One of the killed militants was identified as Abdul Rehman alias Naveed alias Talood, a Divisional Commander-North Kashmir of (LeT). He was active in the area for the last four years.
The other militant has been identified as Muslim Bhai of LeT.
The security forces busted militant’s hideout and recovered two AK-47, six magazine, 125 rounds of AK-47, one UBGL launcher, three UBGL grenades, three Chinese grenades, one RDX pack, two pouch, one solar charger, 26 dry cells, one damaged radio and two Pithu packs.
Abdul Rehman was a close associate of Abu Saad, an Ex-District Commander and took over as District Chief after exfilitration of Abu Saad in 2008.
Rehman was also operating in Wadipora, Bakihaker, Krimhoora, Brinjal, Bawan, Wader Bala areas.
He remained associated with top ranking commanders of LeT since 2006,Abu Saad, Ex-District Commander Rajwar, Furkan Bai, Divisional Commander (LeT), Noman Bai District Commander LeT-(Dead), Abdullah Unni (LeT) Sopore, Qari Hamad District Commander (LeT) Lolab, Tameem alias Sonaullah District Commander Albadr, Abu Jabran, Ubaidullah (LeT), Showket Bai District Commander Jaish, and Muslim Bai (LeT).
Rehman was instrumental in exfilitration, infiltration and distribution of LeT cadres in North Kashmir especially in Rafiabad, Sopore, Lolab and Handwara. He was also motivating overground workers and even women for arranging of hideouts, case and gathering local movements.
A huge quantity of provision items was destroyed in the detected hideout during the operation.
Several cases were filed against Rehman under sections 302, 307, RPC 7/27 I.A.Act of Police station Handwara regarding killing of three army personnel at Rajpora and Krimhoora respectively. (ANI)
- Two LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jun 16, 2011
- Top Lashkar commander killed in Kashmir - Aug 03, 2012
- Top Lashkar commander killed in Kashmir gunfight (Second Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- LeT recruitment module busted in Kashmir - Jul 04, 2012
- Militant in Sopore sisters' murder gunned down - Mar 13, 2011
- Two militants killed in Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- Five LeT men, soldier killed in Kashmir gunfight (Third Lead) - Jul 15, 2011
- LeT terrorist killed in Kashmir, commander escapes - May 25, 2011
- LeT commander killed in Kashmir gunfight (Second Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Top Lashkar militant, involved in cleric's murder, gunned down - Sep 13, 2011
- Two most wanted LeT commanders killed (Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- Guerrillas attack paramilitary camp in Sopore - Sep 14, 2011
- Two LeT militants killed in shootout - Feb 26, 2012
- Wanted LeT militant killed in J-K encounter - Mar 28, 2011
- Court extends remand of Sopore woman student - Jul 20, 2011
Tags: ak 47, bhai, district chief, district commander, divisional commander, dry cells, grenades, hideout, hideouts, infiltration, jaish, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, lashkar e toiba, launcher, north kashmir, pakistani nationals, rdx, saad, solar charger