Two killed in Kashmir stone quarry collapseMay 1st, 2010 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 1 (IANS) Two people were killed and four others were seriously injured in a stone quarry collapse in Jammu and Kashmir’s Ganderbal district Saturday, police said.
Police said two labourers were killed and four others seriously injured when a stone quarry collapsed in Safapora village in the district.
“Six people were buried when a stone quarry they were working in collapsed,” a senior police officer said.
“The bodies of two labourers were recovered from the accident site while four other labourers were rescued from under the debris,” he said.
“The injured have been shifted to the hospital in Srinagar. Work at the quarry has been stopped and a case has been registered,” he added.
- Five killed as college building collapses - Jul 25, 2011
- Two labourers buried under mine debris - Apr 12, 2012
- Six students killed in UP school roof collapse - Jul 27, 2012
- Toll in Jalandhar factory accident rises to 23 - Apr 22, 2012
- 23 injured in Kashmir bus accident - Jan 10, 2012
- Nine workers killed as stadium part collapses in Tamil Nadu - Aug 06, 2012
- Eleven army personnel killed in Kashmir avalanches (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Six die in building collapse - Sep 23, 2011
- Violent winds leave trail of destruction in Kashmir, one dead (Roundup) - Mar 20, 2012
- Four dead in Beijing house collapse - May 05, 2012
- Five hurt in Delhi roof collapse - Dec 04, 2011
- Four killed in house collapses in Rajasthan - Sep 05, 2011
- Four kids of family buried alive in Ghaziabad (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Jalandhar factory collapse: one dead, several trapped (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Industrialist held after factory collapse leaves six dead - Apr 17, 2012