Two killed in Kashmir bus accidentJuly 11th, 2012 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 11 (IANS) Two people, including a student, were killed on the spot and 30 others injured Wednesday in Jammu and Kashmir when a school bus skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge, officials said.
“The bus went out of driver’s control in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district. The bus was on an excursion to the tourist resort of Gulmarg. It went out of the driver’s control near Tangmarg on Srinagar-Gulmarg road Wednesday afternoon and skidded into a deep gorge,” a police official said.
“A student and an adult died on the spot. Thirty others, including school children and staff, were injured. The injured have been shifted to hospital,” the official added.
- School bus in Kashmir rolls into gorge, 3 killed (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu accident - Jul 15, 2012
- Seven people killed in Himachal accidents - May 09, 2012
- 15 Ladakh artists killed in Himachal bus accident - Aug 15, 2011
- Seven foreigners among 10 rescued from Kashmir avalanche - Jan 22, 2012
- 9 killed in two road accidents in Jammu region - Mar 24, 2012
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 5 killed, 20 injured in Jammu accident - Dec 09, 2010
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Kashmir road accidents - May 11, 2011
- Five die as vehicle falls into gorge in J&K; - May 28, 2012
- Six killed, 45 injured in Udhampur road accident - Mar 15, 2011
- 23 injured in Kashmir bus accident - Jan 10, 2012
- 40 die as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 13 killed in road accident in Jammu - May 30, 2012
- Bus with 30 people falls into Himachal gorge - Sep 10, 2012