Two injured in Ambala railway yard fireApril 13th, 2009 - 1:50 pm ICT by ANI
Ambala (Haryana), Apr 13 (ANI): A fire that was sparked off by a leaking gas tanker spread to a railway yard in Haryana on Monday.
Two railway employees inside the yard were injured in the incident.
The fire out broke at around 4:00 a.m. in a gas tanker on National Highway one in Ambala District.When the driver and the caretaker in the tanker realized that gas from the tanker was leaking, they took the vehicle to a secluded area and cordoned it off.
All traffic movement was halted in the area.
Residents were scared on hearing the blast.
“All our doors and windows started shaking. There was a sound of huge blast. We ran outside and then we saw the fire here,” said Jagdish Kumar, an eyewitness.
Army personnel were brought in.
“We are getting reinforcements from neighbouring districts as well as the army.Army has come in a big way and they putting their best efforts. We are also trying to utilize the resources with the civil administration. It’s a massive fire,” said Sameer Palsarow, deputy collector.
Railway employees have been admitted to a hospital for treatment. (ANI)
- Tanker accident jams highway - Jun 28, 2011
- Army called as Jat agitators torch police station (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- LeT, Babbar Khalsa planned blasts in Delhi: Police - Oct 13, 2011
- Explosives laden car found in Ambala, NSG team reaches - Oct 13, 2011
- Chaos rules as Jats block Haryana roads, rail tracks (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- National Highway No:1: India's melancholy road - Jul 01, 2011
- NATO tanker blast kills 15 in Pakistan - May 21, 2011
- LPG tanker blast in Haryana creates chaos on highway - Apr 13, 2009
- Kidnapped boy rescued in Haryana, abductor injured - Feb 11, 2011
- Maoists blast rail track, torch diesel tankers on goods train - May 20, 2010
- 14 die as van catches fire in UP - Jul 11, 2012
- Rail traffic affected at Ambala after derailment - Jan 05, 2012
- 27 NATO fuel tankers torched at Shikarpur day after ISAF air strike on Pak soldiers - Oct 01, 2010
- Harrowing time for residents, passengers in Haryana - Jul 07, 2010
- Bay Area Fire Rages On, Firemen Carries On Their Fight - Sep 10, 2010
Tags: army personnel, best efforts, caretaker, civil administration, deputy collector, doors and windows, gas tanker, massive fire, neighbouring districts, railway employees, railway yard, reinforcements, traffic movement