Two Hizbul militants killed in Jammu and KashmirJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 9:53 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Jan. 23 (ANI): A self-styled Hizbul-Mujahideen commander and another militant were gunned down by the security forces in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
According to the Defense spokesperson, the security forces launched a search operation in Batyas forest belt of Gandoh Tehsil following a lead on some ongoing militant activities in the area. Two Hizbul militants were killed in the intense gun battle.
Two AK-47 rifles and other ammunitions have been recovered from the killed.
The terrorists were identified as Zahoor Khanday and Sajad Hussain.
Khanday was a self-styled tehsil commander of Hizbul Muzahideen and was operating in Doda since 2006 whereas the other one Hussain was active since 2006. (ANI)
- Army gun-down two Hizb militants in J&K - Jan 23, 2009
- Two militants shot dead in Doda - Dec 16, 2009
- Security forces kill top Hizbul Mujahideen commander in Doda - Mar 08, 2010
- Top Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 08, 2011
- Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants shot dead in Mahore - Oct 07, 2010
- Top Hizbul militant killed in Kashmir gunfight - Mar 02, 2011
- Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants killed in Kashmir - Oct 06, 2010
- Two Hizb militants killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Dec 14, 2009
- Two militants killed near Jammu - Nov 28, 2010
- Top Hizbul Mujahideen militant killed in J-K encounter - Aug 17, 2009
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Hizbul militant shot dead in J&K - Aug 17, 2009
- One Hizbul militant killed in Doda District - Oct 10, 2009
- Two Hizbul militants killed in Jammu - Apr 24, 2010
- Hindu commander of Hizbul killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2011
Tags: ak 47, ammunitions, doda, forest belt, gun battle, hizbul mujahideen, hussain, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, rifles, sajad, search operation, security forces, spokesperson, srinagar, tehsil, terrorists, zahoor