Two Hizbul militants killed in DodaJuly 17th, 2009 - 9:52 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, July 17 (ANI): Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants were gunned down by armed forces in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
Acting on a tip-off, the armed forces cordoned off militants’ hideout in Behraot area of Doda district.
Soon, an encounter ensued between the militants and the armed forces that lasted for around seven hours.
One woman was also injured during the encounter, a defence spokesman said.
“At the end of the fire fight two local terrorists of Hizbul Mujahideen, namely Mohammed Ishaq alias Nasrullah and one Sartaj Ahmed alias Doctor Sohail were eliminated.
In the process one, lady accomplice, an over-ground worker was also injured. At the end of the operation one AK-56 rifle and one Chinese pistol and some assorted ammunition were recovered,” said Colonel Viplab Nath. (ANI)
- Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Apr 03, 2011
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant arrested in Jammu region - May 16, 2012
- Two militants shot dead in Doda - Dec 16, 2009
- Hizbul militant killed in Doda - Aug 05, 2009
- Two separatist guerrillas killed in Kashmir - Oct 12, 2011
- Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants shot dead in Mahore - Oct 07, 2010
- Hizbul militant killed in J-K encounter - Feb 20, 2010
- Top Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 08, 2011
- Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants killed in Kashmir - Oct 06, 2010
- National Conference activist shot dead, killers identified (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- Six militants killed in separate encounters in Kashmir - Aug 05, 2009
- Hindu commander of Hizbul killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2011
- Hizbul guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight - Nov 17, 2011
- Three Hizbul Mujahideen militants killed in Shopian encounter - Oct 14, 2010
- Security forces kill top Hizbul Mujahideen commander in Doda - Mar 08, 2010
Tags: accomplice, alias, ammunition, armed forces, colonel, defence spokesman, encounter, fire fight, hideout, ishaq, jammu and kashmir, july 17, kashmir, mohammed, nasrullah, pistol, sartaj, seven hours, sohail, srinagar