Two held in connection with Ajmer Dargah blastNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:05 am ICT by admin
As the investigation is under progress, a bag suspected to have been holding the bomb has also been recovered. Besides, fragments of a mobile phone were also been recovered from the site.
A sketch of the suspects is expected to be released by the police today.
Border Security Force and from police personnel have been deployed as a precautionary measure.
Ajmer is limped back to normalcy a day after a blast in which two people were killed and 17 others were injured. The attack came on the eve of Juma’t Al’Vida, the last Friday of the fasting month of Ramzan.
The blast took place at around 6: 15 p.m., when people were readying themselves to break their daylong fast that is observed during the holy month of Ramzan.
The Rajasthan Government has announced a compensation for the blast victims. Rupees five lakh will be give to the nearest kin of the dead, and Rupees one lakh will be given to those injured in the blast.
The Union Home Ministry termed the blast as a terror attack. Officials of the Ministry said that a ‘general advisory’ was already issued in view of the festivals that are round the corner and the Rajasthan Government had taken necessary precautions.
According to eyewitnesses, the bomb was placed in a polythene bag and kept near a tree in the Dargah compound. There were approximately 5000 people inside the shrine complex at the time of blast. (ANI)
- Mecca Masjid blast accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 18, 2012
- Uneasy calm prevails after bomb blast in Ajmer (Ajmer blast) - Nov 14, 2007
- Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand claims innocence - Apr 22, 2011
- NIA not allowed to question Ajmer dargah blast suspect - Sep 23, 2011
- Anti-terror sqaud traces car used in Ajmer blast - Dec 25, 2010
- Second Ajmer blast suspect held, sent to police custody (Second Lead, Changing Dateline) - May 01, 2010
- One more held for Ajmer Dargah bombing - May 02, 2010
- Live bomb recovered at Ajmer dargah - Nov 14, 2007
- Second suspect held for Ajmer Dargah blast (Lead) - May 01, 2010
- 16 die in Uttar Pradesh bus tragedy (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Third suspect held for Ajmer Dargah bombing (Lead) - May 02, 2010
- Rajasthan ATS takes custody of Swami Aseemanand - Jan 22, 2011
- Judicial custody of Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand extended till May 2 - Apr 30, 2011
- One more arrested for Ajmer Dargah bombing - May 01, 2010
- CBI to quiz Ajmer blast accused on Mecca Masjid attack - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: ajmer dargah, bomb, border security force, eyewitnesses, fasting month, fragments, juma, lakh, last friday, necessary precautions, normalcy, polythene, precautionary measure, rajasthan government, rupees, terror attack, union home ministry