Two civilians injured in Kashmir explosionDecember 24th, 2010 - 2:40 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Dec 24 (IANS) Two civilians were injured Friday morning in north Kashmir’s Sopore town in an explosion, the cause of which is not yet known, police said. The civilians were injured in Shah Faisal market in Sopore, 54 km from here, a senior police officer said.
“Initial reports said some CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) troopers were heating water in an electric boiler when it exploded with a bang, injuring two passers-by who have been shifted to a hospital,” the officer told IANS.
“Another version is that separatist guerrillas had hurled a grenade at the CRPF troopers in the market which exploded,” he added.
Senior police and CRPF officials have rushed to the spot. The area has been cordoned off to ascertain the actual cause of the explosion.
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Four injured in Srinagar grenade attack - May 14, 2010
- Five civilians injured in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2011
- Four injured in Srinagar grenade explosion - Dec 14, 2010
- Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2011
- Three hurt in Kashmir grenade attack - May 19, 2012
- Five CRPF troopers injured in Kashmir attack - Jun 17, 2012
- Injured cop dies in Srinagar hospital - May 15, 2010
- Ten injured in Pulwama grenade attacks - Dec 14, 2010
- Five wounded in explosion in Srinagar (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- Seven wounded in Kashmir blast - Dec 25, 2009
- Militants attack district police chief's convoy in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- One civilian injured in grenade attack in Kashmir - Jan 27, 2012
- Grenade explosion in Srinagar - Feb 16, 2012
- Two CRPF men injured in Srinagar - Mar 15, 2012
Tags: civilians, crpf, dec 24, electric boiler, explosion, friday morning, grenade, heating water, initial reports, kashmir, north kashmir, police force, police officer, reserve police, separatist guerrillas, shah faisal