Two border troopers injured in firing from PakistanNovember 4th, 2008 - 2:32 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Nov 4 (IANS) At least two troopers of the Border Security Force (BSF) were injured in firing from Pakistan at the border near here early Tuesday as a group of infiltrators tried to sneak into Indian territory, officials said.The troops came under heavy fire at around 3 a.m. in Makwal area, about 20 km northwest of Jammu, BSF officials said. They, however, did not specify whether it was the group of infiltrators who opened fire or whether Pakistani Rangers had opened covering fire to help the intruders.
There was no immediate word about the fate of the intruders.
The BSF troops retaliated, but it was not known if they inflicted any casualties.
- BSF shoots intruder trying to enter India - Jan 21, 2011
- Trooper killed in firing from Pakistan (Lead) - Jul 06, 2010
- Infiltration bid foiled in Jammu - Jan 26, 2010
- BSF trooper injured in firing by Pakistani Rangers - Dec 30, 2011
- Two BSF soldiers injured in Pakistani firing - Aug 07, 2012
- Infiltrator killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Jan 17, 2010
- Pakistan fires at Indian border post - Aug 15, 2011
- Pakistani Rangers fire at Indian posts in Jammu - Aug 06, 2012
- BSF trooper killed in cross border firing in Jammu - Aug 17, 2012
- Pakistan Army, Rangers fire on Indian posts on LoC, border (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- BSF trooper hurt in Pakistani firing - Jul 21, 2010
- BSF kills intruder in Punjab, 17 kg heroin seized - Jan 18, 2012
- BSF men trapped as Pakistan fires at Indian post (Third Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
- India, Pakistan troops exchange fire, infiltration bid foiled - May 01, 2010
- Indian, Pakistani forces exchange fire, infiltration foiled (Second Lead) - May 01, 2010