Twin sisters abandoned at birth, reunite after 14 years!July 13th, 2008 - 12:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 13 (ANI): Identical twin sisters, who were abandoned at birth, reunited after 14 years, despite growing up just a few streets apart.
Margaret and Yvette Smith, of Newport, South Wales, were abandoned at birth and were adopted by different families.
Margaret came to know about her twin sister when one of her classmates who shifted to Yvettes school and made the discovery of the two girls identity.
Margaret revealed about their reunion for the first time on their 65th birthday.
It was very weird seeing each other for the first time. It was like looking into a mirror,” the Mirror quoted her as saying.
“I grew up believing I was an only child,” said Yvette said. (ANI)
- Indonesian twins reunited in Sweden after 29 years - Feb 04, 2012
- Twins sisters share all, even daughters' birthdays - Oct 08, 2010
- Separated 40 years ago, united on live TV - Aug 19, 2011
- Oprah reveals family secret: A secret half sister who was put up for adoption at birth - Jan 25, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey Reveals She Has A Half-Sister On Her Show - Jan 25, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey's Mother Vernita Lee Gave Away Patricia For Secret Adoption - Jan 25, 2011
- Identical twins give birth on the same day - Oct 24, 2011
- Nicole Kidman Keith Urban Welcome Surrogate Baby - Jan 18, 2011
- Unseen childhood portraits of the Queen to go on display next year - Dec 29, 2010
- Woman reunites with daughter after 45 years in Malaysia - Oct 03, 2010
- Carey opens up about her twins - Dec 27, 2011
- Game show winner meets son after 45 years - Aug 14, 2012
- Oprah Winfrey's Family Secret To Be Revealed - Jan 24, 2011
- Brit couple's pair of twins beat 17m-to-one odds to share same b'day - Apr 18, 2011
- Carlina White Finds Her Family Back After 23 Years ! - Jan 21, 2011