Twin dead foetuses removed from a 16-yr-old boy in SholapurNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:31 am ICT by admin
“The operation was very successful and we removed the tumour. In the tumour, we saw that the twin foetuses have stuck together in the developmental process,” said Dr Devidas Maske, who removed the dead twins through a surgery on Saturday.
The removed foetuses weighed four and a half kilos, and development of hair and nails was quite visible.
In medical history, there have been around 900 such known cases of foetuses developing in a male and this is just the fourth such incident in which twins had developed in the stomach.
In April 2003, doctors at a Children’s Hospital in Kazakhstan discovered the dead foetus of twin brothers when operating on a seven-year-old boy. The foetus had developed into a tumour, but was found to have hair, nails and bones. (ANI)
- Foetus removed from newborn boy - Nov 16, 2010
- Chinese officials sacked for dumping baby bodies - Mar 01, 2012
- Doctors stole my minor son's kidney, says Rajasthan man - Jul 21, 2012
- In rare case, woman delivers after ovarian tumour surgery - Feb 22, 2011
- Baby's cancer removed while in mother's womb - Jun 23, 2012
- Laser technique to separate twin foetuses in womb - Jun 08, 2012
- Rare surgery performed on pregnant woman in Mumbai (With Images) - Sep 15, 2010
- Ten-week-old boy's parasitic twins removed - Jan 06, 2009
- Nail removed from American's brain - Jan 22, 2012
- Now, a robotic way to hassle-free surgeries - May 21, 2012
- Towel removed from woman's bowel after three years - Jan 07, 2011
- Stomach ache reveals 22-year-old dead foetus - Jan 14, 2010
- Woman gets life's rudest shock after 200 surgeries - Mar 10, 2012
- Cancer-hit Chavez to leave Cuba next week - Mar 09, 2012
- Ultrasound as effective as CT scans in most cases - May 12, 2011