Trooper wounded in Pakistan firing in KashmirMarch 21st, 2009 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, March 21 (IANS) A paramilitary trooper was injured when Pakistani security forces resorted to indiscriminate firing across the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, the army said Saturday.
“Pakistani troops using small and automatic weapons fired indiscriminately at our positions in the Uri sector Friday night,” Lt.Col. J.S. Brar, spokesman for the army’s 15 Corps, told IANS here.
“The firing, which began late last evening, continued till early this morning,” he added.
He said one army trooper of Jammu and Kashmir Rifles was injured in the nearly four-hour long firing. “Our troops retaliated,” Lt. Col Brar said.
This is the first major violation of the ceasefire announced by the two armies along LoC and the international border in November 2003 in the Uri sector. The LoC divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan.
- Soldier killed while foiling infiltration bid - Aug 09, 2012
- Artillery exchanges between India and Pakistan on LoC - Sep 01, 2011
- Five soldiers buried in Kashmir avalanche - Jan 24, 2012
- Three terrorists killed, gunfight on in Kashmir - Oct 23, 2010
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Pakistan again violates LoC truce - Mar 22, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire, Indian soldier injured - Jan 13, 2011
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Ceasefire violation at LoC in J&K; - May 22, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire mortars across LOC, two intruders killed - Oct 30, 2009
- Indian, Pakistani troops battle on Kashmir border - Jun 19, 2012
- Five guerrillas killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Nov 14, 2009
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Aug 26, 2011
- Infiltration bid foiled, four militants killed - Jul 03, 2010
- Army foils infiltration bid, two intruders killed - May 26, 2010