Trooper arrested for misbehaving with Kashmir girlJuly 25th, 2011 - 11:55 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 25 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir police Monday arrested an army trooper in north Kashmir Baramulla district for alleged misbehaviour with a school girl.
The girl alleged that while she was on way to her school, a trooper of Rashtriya Rifles (RR) misbehaved with her, leading to protests in Wanigam village.
As news spread in the area, angry villagers took to the streets. Traffic on the strategic Srinagar-Muzaffarabad road was disrupted as villagers blocked it near Haiderbaigh Pattan village, 30 km from here.
Senior army officers, deputy commissioner Baramulla and police officers rushed to the area to pacify the villagers.
A police spokesman said the trooper was detained by the police immediately while senior army officers assured villagers that besides legal action, departmental action would also be taken against the accused by the army within the shortest possible time.
Monday’s incident came days after a woman alleged she was abducted and gang raped by two soldiers in south Kashmir Kulgam district.
- Srinagar students accuse teacher of molestation - May 23, 2011
- Army stages flag march in Kashmir town - Jun 30, 2010
- Toll in Kashmir violence rises to four - Jul 31, 2010
- 8 killed in Kashmir, 6 in police firing, as Omar seeks help - Aug 03, 2010
- Teenaged protester killed in Kashmir - Sep 06, 2010
- Two killed, over 50 injured in violence across Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2010
- Four injured as troops open fire on protestors in Shopian - Oct 03, 2010
- Guerrilla arrested with Pakistani wife in Valley - Dec 13, 2011
- Missing teen's body fished out, north Kashmir tense - Aug 10, 2010
- Teenager killed, four injured in Kashmir firing (Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus attacked, normalcy elsewhere in Kashmir - Aug 12, 2010
- Three protesters killed in Kashmir, toll 68 (Third Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- Two including 16-year-old killed in Kashmir firing (Second Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- Three killed in Kashmir firing, over 50 injured (Night Lead) - Jul 31, 2010
- Two killed in Kashmir firing, toll rises to 57 (Lead) - Aug 14, 2010
Tags: abducted, angry villagers, army officers, departmental action, deputy commissioner, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, misbehaving, misbehaviour, north kashmir, police officers, police spokesman, protests, rashtriya rifles, school girl, south kashmir, traffic, two soldiers