Tripura witnesses large-scale recruitment in police forceNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:14 am ICT by admin
The passing out parade on the young recruits was held here at the headquarters of the 2nd battalion of Tripura State Rifles, which was inspected by C Subramanium, ADG of Tripura Police.
Subramanium praised the new cadres for their hardship, and expressed hope that the improved training and more recruitment by the State government would help in diminishing militant activities in the State.
The cadres other than taking the oath of their duty also demonstrated a dare devil show of jumps through fire, techniques of counter insurgency operations and jungle warfare in front of the gathered crowd of the family members of the recruits.
The batch was recruited during the month of February this year and during their nine months training they learned about the prevailing laws, human rights, use of different arms and ammunitions.
The cadres also admitted about the rigorous and tiresome training regime that they had to undergo but added that it helped in boosting their confidence level.
The aim behind the recruitment drive is to have adequate police even in the interior police station of the State so that law and order can be maintained even in the remotest part of the state. (ANI)
- Three militants arrested in Tripura - Jun 18, 2012
- Tripura militants recruiting youth, warns intelligence - Jun 21, 2012
- Tripura troopers deployed for poll duty - Mar 09, 2011
- Three Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Jul 04, 2012
- Elite Tripura troopers to provide security during CWG - Aug 01, 2010
- 'Congress, INPT conspiring to oust Left in Tripura' - Jun 25, 2012
- CRPF to have own intelligence wing: Director General - Apr 11, 2011
- 700 Tripura State Rifles paramilitary recruits graduate in Agartala - Jan 03, 2011
- Ten Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Nov 03, 2011
- Northeast rebels have camps in Bangladesh, says Tripura - Sep 01, 2011
- Maoists training cadres in Guerrilla warfare in Chhattisgarh - Mar 03, 2010
- 'Tripura rehabilitating surrendered extremists' - Mar 06, 2012
- CRPF forming spy wing to counter Maoists - Apr 11, 2011
- Northeast terror outfits moving to Myanmar: Assam Rifles - Aug 25, 2012
- After CWG, Tripura troopers ready for Bihar polls - Oct 15, 2010
Tags: 2nd battalion, adg, agartala, aim, cadres, confidence level, counter insurgency, dare devil, gathered crowd, jungle warfare, law and order, nine months, police force, police station, recruitment drive, rifles, state government, tiresome, tripura