Tripura to probe mysterious death of five passengersNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:14 am ICT by admin
Chief Secretary of Tripura, Sashi Prakash has spoken with his Jharkhand counterpart over phone, and has apprised him of the incident, sources said.
It is suspected that the five people died of suffocation as both the vehicles were completely packed with passengers.
The victims include a 28-year-old woman from Jharkhand, who was travelling to Tripura to work in brickfields.
There were over 70 passengers in the 35-seater bus and few hours after the buses had left Guwahati on Wednesday, many passengers complained of sickness due to suffocation.
Sources said the bus drivers refused the passengers’ appeal to stop the vehicles midway due to security reasons.
Many passengers were later admitted to the government hospital at Kumarghat in north Tripura in critical conditions. The bus operators have been arrested. (ANI)
- 18 killed in Shillong accident - Aug 08, 2012
- Four from Tripura killed in Meghalaya accident - Nov 11, 2011
- Accidents kills six in Assam - May 23, 2012
- Meghalaya bus crash kills 31 (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Shutdown cripples life in Tripura - May 31, 2012
- Meghalaya CM condoles bus crash victims - Aug 09, 2012
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- 23 die in Meghalaya accident (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- 12-hour shutdown cripples life in Tripura - Jul 13, 2012
- Parts of northeast cut-off as train services suspended - Oct 10, 2011
- One flight cancelled, two delayed in Agartala - Sep 29, 2010
- CNG buses to make Agartala a green city - Oct 06, 2010
- Strike cripples life in Tripura - Feb 28, 2012
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Third Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Train services yet to be restored in northeast - Jun 10, 2012
Tags: agartala, apprised, brickfields, bus drivers, bus operators, chief secretary, critical conditions, government hospital, guwahati, jharkhand, mysterious death, mysterious deaths, night buses, north tripura, official inquiry, prakash, sashi, seater bus, suffocation