Tripura soaks in festive spiritNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:35 am ICT by admin
“Throughout the year, we wait for these five days of puja. Here people from all communities, both tribal and non-tribal, enjoy the festival together,” said, Manashi Debroy, a devotee.
Most spend their time in pandal-hopping during the duration of the festival.
People from Assam and Bangladesh are also in Agartala to participate in the festival.
“We came here to see the puja celebration which is better then what taken place in Silchar,” said, Satyajit Das Assamese visitor.
Agartala play host to around 200 pujas a year, and they are dominated by varied themes such as the Hardwar Sati, the NASA launchpad and the Jantar Mantar.
This welcome of Goddess Durga consists of a series of rituals including Mahalaya, Sashthi, Saptami, Ashtami, Navami and Dashmi.
The festival symbolises the triumph of good over evil. By Pinaki Das (ANI)
- Organisers vie to get celebrities at Durga Puja - Oct 12, 2010
- Tripura, Assam on alert during Durga Puja - Oct 02, 2011
- Fish to brinjal fry...take your pick at Puja (Feature) - Oct 03, 2011
- For many Kolkata celebs, home is where Durga Puja is - Oct 12, 2010
- Tripura celebrates `Kharchi' festival - Aug 09, 2010
- Durga Puja celebrated with great fervour in West Bengal - Oct 16, 2010
- Mahalaya invokes Goddess Durga, puja countdown begins - Sep 27, 2011
- Durga Puja fervour grips north Bengal - Oct 16, 2010
- 100 pandals, galaxy of stars - Mumbai ready for Durga Puja - Sep 30, 2011
- Bipasha wants to go home for Durga Puja - Oct 09, 2010
- Mahasaptami Puja begins amid drum beats - Oct 14, 2010
- Durga Pooja This Year Was Very Special For Rituparna Sengupta - Oct 22, 2010
- Thousands hit the roads as Durga Puja begins in Bengal - Oct 02, 2011
- Message from Puja pandal - change cometh in Writers Building! - Oct 13, 2010
- Durga Puja fervor grips Delhi - Oct 02, 2011