Trinamool Congress promises good governance if it comes to powerApril 4th, 2011 - 6:13 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Apr 4 (ANI): West Bengal’s main opposition party Trinamool Congress (TMC) has promised effective governance if voted to power in the ongoing assembly polls.
TMC candidate Sovandeb Chatterjee, said there wouldn’t be any change of personnel by replacing incumbent state chief Buddhadeb Bhattacharya.
“To me and my leader Mamata Banerjee change doesn’t mean change of a man and change of chair. We don’t feel that Mamata Banerjee will go to the chair of Buddhadeb Bhattacharya and everything will be all right,” said Sovandeb.
“Our party believes very strongly that change means change of total culture. A government employee is habituated to come at 12 O’clock that will not be,” he added.
Sovandeb also said he would give priority to backward region for development.
“We will try to work first where there is scarcity of water, where there is drainage problem, where there is light problem. I have been coming across a lot of people and nobody has said anything other than civic problems,” added Sovendeb.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist has been in power in the state for more than three decades.
Presently, it is facing a tough challenge from TMC headed by Mamata Banerjee and the Congress, who have stepped up pressure by raising issues such as Maoist insurgency, corruption, and unemployment, ahead of the polls. (ANI)
- Congress mocks Trinamool desire to go it alone in 2014 polls - Aug 06, 2012
- Mamata Banerjee begins campaign for WB polls - Mar 27, 2011
- Scripted for success: Mamata's life on stage - May 19, 2011
- Industry, health, education are priorities: Mamata - Mar 28, 2011
- We want a grand alliance: Trinamool leader Partha Chatterjee - Mar 04, 2011
- Buddhadeb criticizes Trinamool Congress for not helping in combating Maoists - Apr 10, 2011
- Mamata takes over Bengal reins, walks history road (Roundup) - May 20, 2011
- Don't vote for Independents: Mamata - Apr 12, 2011
- We have rectified our mistakes: Biman Bose (Interview) - Mar 28, 2011
- Temporary problems with allies will be overcome: PM (Second Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Men who will matter in Mamata's Bengal - May 13, 2011
- Bengal polls: Mamata undertakes another padayatra in Kolkata - Apr 01, 2011
- Mamata elected Trinamool legislature party chief - May 15, 2011
- CPI-M wants cadres to apologise to people: Biman Bose (Interview, Lead) - Mar 28, 2011
- Walk out of UPA over special package demand: Rajnath to Mamata - May 21, 2012
Tags: assembly polls, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, corruption, drainage problem, good governance, government employee, main opposition party, maoist, more than three decades, o clock, priority, scarcity of water, state chief, tmc, trinamool congress, unemployment, west bengal