Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee, CPI (M) rival file their nominationsApril 22nd, 2009 - 6:59 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Apr. 22 (ANI): Trinamul Congress leader Mamata Banerjee filed her nomination for the South Kolkata parliamentary constituency on Wednesday.
Her main CPI (M) opponent, Rabin Deb also filed his nomination today.
Banerjee declared total assets of Rs.4, 73, 193.56, including Rs.28322 in cash and three bank deposits of Rs.74, 589.85, Rs.29, 174.71 and Rs.14, 976.00 each. She also holds NSC worth Rs.3, 02, 600 and NSS worth Rs.10, 000. She has no car or property. Her jewelry totals to 9gm 75mg, worth Rs.13, 531 - a declaration truly modest in comparison to the millionaire stalwarts contesting in these elections across the country.
Deb, ironically for a Leftist, declared more assets than Mamata Banerjee. Though he has only Rs.14911 in cash, his wife has assets worth over Rs.7 lakhs in her name.
Speaking on the occasion, Deb said: “We want from the Left Front that a non-Congress, non-BJP third front government is formed in Delhi. With this aim in our state, the Left Front leadership has appealed for victory in all the 42 seats. From filing nomination, to announcement of candidate list earlier on April 3, in all these efforts, we want that in South Kolkata constituency also the voters vote for the establishment of a Third Front government in Delhi.”
Banerjee made a quite exit after filing her nomination papers.
Kolkata goes to polls on May 13. (ANI)
- Mamata declares her humble assets - Apr 22, 2009
- CPI-M student leader to contest Kolkata South by-poll - Nov 03, 2011
- Trinamool retains Kolkata South with massive margin - Dec 04, 2011
- Bypoll to South Kolkata Lok Sabha seat Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
- Over 51 percent vote in Kolkata South by-poll - Nov 30, 2011
- Poll panel indifferent to complaints: CPI-M - Apr 02, 2011
- Stalin files nomination, owns assets worth over Rs.1 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- Trinamool fields Subrata Bakshi for Lok Sabha by-poll - Nov 02, 2011
- Mamata's pet Lok Sabha seat goes to polls - Nov 29, 2011
- Karunanidhi, wives declare Rs.43 crore assets; Jayalalithaa's are Rs.64 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Vijayakant files nomination, owns asset worth Rs.19.88 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Poll panel should probe Trinamool's black money: CPI-M minister - Apr 26, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee files poll papers in West Bengal - Apr 22, 2009
- Will be a responsible opposition: CPI-M - May 13, 2011
- CPI-M's ex-minister meets Mamata on land policy - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: aim, assets, bank deposits, congress leader, CPI, deb, ironically, jewelry, lakhs, mamata banerjee, millionaire, nomination papers, nsc, nss, opponent, parliamentary constituency, rabin, stalwarts, trinamul congress, victory