Tribute paid to Netaji on 111th birth anniversaryJanuary 23rd, 2008 - 7:04 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Jan 23 (ANI): Nation paid tribute to Netaji Subash Chandra Bose on his 111th birth anniversary today.
Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and other top leaders of various political parties paid floral tributes to Netaji.
Netaji’s birth anniversary was also celebrated across West Bengal.
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee and veteran CPI-M leader Jyoti Basu were among the dignitaries who offered flowers at the statue of Netaji at esplanade in Kolkata.
A rally was organised in Agartala today to pay tribute to Netaji.
Students of Netaji Subash Vidya Niketan School organised the rally to depict Netaji’s ideology, his freedom struggle, and the prevailing evils in the society.
Hundreds of students, and members of different organisations and clubs participated in the rally that went through the streets of Agartala, amid thousands of spectators cheering the rally.
Ratna Chakraborty, a student, said: “We are proud to celebrate Netaji’s birth anniversary. Right from morning the celebration started.”
Born on January 23, 1897 in a Bengali family in Cuttack, Orissa, Bose was a catalyst in sowing the seeds of independent India and revolutionary ideals in the impressionist minds of youths.
In 1943, he organised the Indian National Army (INA or Azad Hind Fauj) and fought against the allied forces in Burma and eastern front of India.
Although Netaji’s death remains shrouded in mystery in spite of several investigations, official documents declassified by the Government say that the revolutionary leader was a victim of an air crash on August 18, 1945. (ANI)
- Agartala remembers Netaji on 114th birthday with a colourful rally - Jan 23, 2010
- Agartala pays tribute to Mumbai martyrs on Bose''s 113 birth anniversary - Jan 23, 2009
- Nation remembers Subash Chandra Bose on his 113rd birth anniversary - Jan 23, 2010
- Political spats cloud Netaji birthday celebrations in Bengal (Roundup) - Jan 24, 2012
- Singapore honours Nehru as friend, visionary - Nov 20, 2011
- Netaji's birth anniversary celebrated across West Bengal - Jan 23, 2011
- Communists have no moral right to honour Netaji: Mamata - Jan 23, 2012
- Mamata wishes Netaji a long life - Jan 23, 2012
- Government's attitude on Netaji condemnable: Forward Bloc - Jan 22, 2012
- Netaji's family condoles Sehgal's demise - Jul 23, 2012
- Netaji was scientist, environmentalist: Ramesh - Jan 23, 2012
- West Bengal celebrates Netaji's birth anniversary - Jan 23, 2010
- Kolkata celebrates Netaji's birth anniversary - Jan 23, 2009
- Left crosses sword with Mamata on Netaji celebration - Jan 22, 2012
- Declare Netaji's birthday as 'Deshprem Divas': CPI-M - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: air crash, allied forces, bhattacharjee, birth anniversary, chandra bose, cuttack, dr manmohan singh, floral tributes, freedom struggle, independent india, indian national army, jyoti basu, manmohan singh, ratna, revolutionary ideals, revolutionary leader, sonia gandhi, sowing the seeds, subash chandra, west bengal