Travel/web agents barred from booking on-line from 8-9 a.m.July 14th, 2010 - 7:36 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jul 14 (ANI): To remove the difficulties faced by common users in accessing the IRCTC website for booking Tatkal and ordinary tickets over internet in the first hour of the booking on the opening day, the Ministry of Railways has decided to bar travel agents, web-service agents/web agents of IRCTC from accessing the website during that period.
Under this decision, which is expected to provide increased accessibility of the IRCTC website to the ordinary users, following instructions have come into operation:
a) Travel agents/web-services agents/web agents of IRCTC will not be given access to Tatkal booking, through e-ticketing on all days between 8 A.M. to 9 A.M.
b) Travel agents/web-services agents/web agents of IRCTC will not be given access, through e-ticketing, to trains defined in the system on their respective opening day of Advance Reservation Period (ARP), between 8 A.M. to 9 A.M.
This passenger friendly measure comes in the wake of a large number of complaints regarding IRCTC website not becoming accessible to common users at the time of the commencement of the Railway reservation booking in the morning, making it difficult to book e-ticket and Tatkal on-line.
In addition, a drive has also been launched for a period of one fortnight at all major reservation offices to conduct special checks between 7.30 A.M. to 9 A.M. to prevent touts/unscrupulous elements from cornering the seats/berths in the first hour of the opening day of the advance reservation period.
The above measures have been taken to take care of the interests of the ordinary passengers in respect of ticket booking both on-line as well as at the counters and to make sure that berths/seats are not cornered by the touts/unscrupulous elements. (ANI)
- Railway ticket booking site made more accessible to common man - Jul 14, 2010
- Railways to curb Tatkal misuse - Nov 11, 2011
- Railways to further curb misuse of Tatkal facility - Oct 20, 2011
- Tatkal tickets for trains susceptible to manipulation: Auditor - Aug 05, 2011
- Railways to launch revamped Tatkal scheme Monday - Nov 20, 2011
- Demand supply gap responsible for Tatkal woes: Mukul Roy - Jul 06, 2012
- New system soon to book train e-tickets - Sep 14, 2012
- Railways tweak Tatkal rules to check misuse - Jun 30, 2012
- CBI raids Rajasthan railway stations - Jun 22, 2011
- Now, AC passengers on trains to need IDs - Jan 20, 2012
- Now call to book train tickets - Oct 19, 2011
- Use current reservation counter, urges Railways - Feb 13, 2012
- Army Vice Chief launches Rail E-ticketing for service personnel - Dec 30, 2009
- Railways, ITDC jointly offer tourism services - May 24, 2012
- Now, e-tickets for chopper ride to Vaishno Devi - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: advance reservation, arp, booking on line, commencement, e ticket, fortnight, irctc, New Delhi, opening day, railway reservation, railways, reservation booking, reservation offices, reservation period, tatkal, ticket booking, travel agents, travel web, web agents, web service