Train services resumed in Howrah-Chennai routeFebruary 15th, 2009 - 6:26 pm ICT by ANI
Jajpur, Feb 15, (ANI): Train services resumed on the Howrah-Chennai route on Sunday, two days after derailment of the Coromandel Express claiming nine lives.
Train services were badly affected since the mishap.
According to East Coast Railway sources, all the diverted and short terminated trains resumed their movement along this repaired route.
Second track would also be restored very soon and the trains which had been diverted since the accident, now plying on their normal route.
Rails of about half a kilometre stretch had been displaced under the impact of the derailment.
More than 500 personnel with three cranes had been pressed into service to clear the wreckage and put the damaged tracks back in shape. (ANI)
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Neelachal express derails after hitting road roller in Orissa - Feb 27, 2011
- Tracks repaired at Orissa accident site, train services normal - Feb 15, 2009
- 15 trains cancelled after Uttar Pradesh accident - Jul 11, 2011
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- Maoist guerrillas blow up rail track in Orissa (Lead) - Feb 08, 2010
- India-bound Thar Express escapes blast near Karachi, two compartments derailed - Dec 04, 2010
- High-level inquiry to probe Coromandel Express derailment - Feb 14, 2009
- Jat agitation continues, rail traffic in UP, Haryana in disarray - Mar 18, 2011
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh, all passengers safe - Apr 27, 2011
- Trains back on track as Jats end blockade - Mar 20, 2011
- Maoists blow up rail track in Orissa - Mar 23, 2010
- Probe begins into Orissa rail accident - Feb 16, 2009
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 20, 2011
- Jats threaten to cut off Delhi on March 21 - Mar 19, 2011