Train hijacked, 700 taken hostage at JharkhandApril 22nd, 2009 - 11:42 am ICT by admin
A train carrying over 700 passengers was hijacked by Maoist rebels in Jharkhand ahead of Lok Sabha polls.
The passenger train was heading towards Mugalsarai from Barcakaana. Reportedly, the rebels stopped the train by pulling the emergency cord, making it stop in a remote area in Ehegara district.
Maoist rebels have been launching attacks in an attempt to disrupt Lok Sabha elections.
As per CNN-IBN, so far there are no reports of casualties as hundreds of Maoist rebels take up to 700 people hostage aboard Indian train.
- Home Secretary assures adequate security against Naxals - Apr 23, 2009
- Lalu, Sushil Modi in war of words over Naxal attacks in Bihar, Jharkhand - Apr 22, 2009
- Naxals strike Jharkhand, Bihar ahead of first phase of polling - Apr 22, 2009
- Maoists blast school, attack police station in Jharkhand - Dec 06, 2011
- Naxals attack Jharkhand CRPF camp, encounter still on - Apr 23, 2009
- Maoists spurn government overtures, ask people to boycott polls - Nov 02, 2009
- Maoists hijack train in Jharkhand - Apr 22, 2009
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll before presidential election: CEC - Mar 31, 2012
- CNN-IBN not cooperating in graft probe: Jharkhand - Nov 25, 2010
- Chidambaram refutes Odisha CM's no-help claim - Mar 21, 2012
- Maoists hijack train, free it later (Fourth Lead) - Apr 22, 2009
- Sangma seeks debate with Pranab (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Maoists hijack train with 400 passengers in Jharkhand (Lead) - Apr 22, 2009
- Blasts and bullets - more Maoist violence on day two of strike (Roundup) - Oct 13, 2009
- Maoists blast tracks, torch vehicles, in Jharkhand - Dec 04, 2011