Traditional apparels dominate fourth day of Chennai Fashion WeekJuly 11th, 2010 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, July 11 (ANI): As a tribute to Indian ethnicity and heritage traditional wear were showcased on the fourth day of Chennai International Fashion Week here.
The apparels were designed by Jyotthi, Ramya and Shathi.
Talking to reporters on Saturday, Nethra, a model, said that the collection is based on ethnic forms with small touch of West.
“It is an ethnic form with a little bit of western outfit, so can’t come as traditional as going for a wedding, it has to come with the fashion and also should have an Indian touch,” said Nethra.
The ensemble consisted of sarees, kurtas, salwar-kurta in fabrics like brocade, taffeta, stain, crepe, knit.
The Fashion Week would showcase eight international and 22 Indian fashion designers, with 30 fashion shows featuring over a 100 models. The style extravaganza that began on July 7 will conclude on July 11. (ANI)
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Indian American designer at Dubai Fashion Week - Oct 20, 2011
- Red ramp, muted tones highlight of Seema Singh's show - Nov 20, 2010
- Pakistani designers put traditional foot forward in India - Apr 14, 2012
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Elder Health Care to honour fashion designers Friday - Nov 16, 2010
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- Shop till you drop in Kolkata! It's Durga Puja time - Oct 11, 2010
- Rocky S brings curtains down for PFW in a grand way - Nov 21, 2010
- Fashion Shows To Showcase North-East Ethnic Collection - Jul 28, 2010
- 750 Pakistanis in Delhi, fashioning way ahead in ties - Apr 14, 2012
- JJ Valaya completes 20 years, rolls out vintage tour (With Images) - Apr 19, 2012
- Dia Mirza walks ramp at Mumbai's fashion show - Oct 30, 2010
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- I was skeptical about walking the ramp: Sharmila Tagore - Jul 25, 2011
Tags: brocade, eight international, ethnicity, extravaganza, fabrics, fashion week, heritage, indian fashion designers, international fashion, little bit, models, nethra, ramya, salwar kurta, showcase, taffeta, tribute, western outfit