Tracy Chapman admires Madges longevity in age-biased music industryNovember 24th, 2008 - 6:40 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, November 24 (ANI): Tracy Chapman has raised her voice in praise of Madonna, saying that she admires the singers ability to dominate the age-biased music scene consistently with decades of her career.
The four-time Grammy Award winner insisted that the industry suffered from the age bracket prejudice and preferred young artists a belief shaken by Madonna, who has managed to top the charts and woo fans all over the world for the last 25 years.
“Is it harder for women in the industry in general? Definitely, Contactmusic quoted her as telling The Guardian.
“I was trying to make a case for Madonna the other day, saying that she’’s to be admired for her longevity in a genre that has mostly been for younger acts, she added.
Tracy further admitted to being provoked when she heard whispers that the Queen of Pop should pass on her legendary title to a younger heir.
She added: “Men are able to sustain a career into their 50s and 60s and still present themselves as sex symbols. With women on the other hand, people say, ”Why doesn”t she retire?” It’’s just so unfair. So I have to give props to Madonna.” (ANI)
- Nasty email about boss costs an employee $10,000 - Jun 20, 2012
- Spy Anna Chapman honored with a medal by the Russian President - Oct 19, 2010
- Katy Perry feels she has a split personality - Jun 29, 2012
- Ex-trainer slams Madge for opening her own gym - Jan 19, 2011
- Kelly Osbourne To Soon Endorse Madonna ‘s Clothing Line - Jan 25, 2011
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: The 'Golden Touch' Girl Celebrates Her Birthday Today - Nov 01, 2010
- Lady Gaga denies rumors of her feud with Madonna - Nov 21, 2011
- Today is Madonna's birthday - Aug 16, 2011
- Today's young girls obsessed with celebrities - May 11, 2012
- Sexy Russian spy Anna Chapman set to enter politics? - Feb 18, 2011
- Most women 'don't wish to dress their age until they are 70' - Jan 07, 2011
- Russian Spy Anna Chapman On Maxim Cover Page - Oct 23, 2010
- Women entrepreneurs shine at Dalit trade fair - Dec 18, 2011
- Madonna: A Woman Above All! - Dec 03, 2010
- Simpson gets into fitness mode - Feb 20, 2011
Tags: 50s, 60s, age bracket, belief, decades, guardian, heir, longevity, madonna, music industry, music scene, prejudice, queen of pop, sex symbols, singers, time grammy award winner, to give props, tracy chapman, whispers, young artists