Tourists taking pleasure in Gulmarg winter festival in J-KDecember 25th, 2007 - 9:14 pm ICT by admin
Gulmarg (J-K), Dec 25 (ANI): Tourists from across the country and abroad are revelling in ice-skating to the tune of mystique Sufi music in picturesque snow-capped Gulmarg region of Jammu and Kashmir, as the annual winter festival commences with immense gaiety.
The three-day festival started with Christmas Mass at the historic Saint Mary’s Church with Santa Claus distributing sweets to children.
“The three-day festival is a fun-filled fiesta for tourists including ice-skiing, and cultural programmes. Gulmarg is becoming the best potential venue in the world,” said Farooq Shah, Director, state tourism promotion.
It is pertinent to mention here that Gulmarg has the world’s highest cable car project. The five-kilometer long cable car project in Gulmarg ends at 13,500 feet above sea level in Afarwat hills.
Ice-skating, snow rugby, snow cycling, snowman making, and other cultural events were the highlights of the festival. The three-day festival will conclude on December 26. (ANI)
- Kashmir sees record tourists, hundreds more for New Year - Dec 31, 2010
- Its snowing in Mumbai-Pune! - Jul 15, 2012
- At 90, Shimla's skating rink set for nationals - Dec 29, 2010
- Gulmarg weaves its magic around tourists (With images) - Apr 03, 2011
- Shimla's skating rink closes, signalling season's end - Feb 20, 2012
- The white hills of Gulmarg rock back to glory (With Image) - Jan 03, 2012
- Get your skates on the ice in Shimla - Nov 21, 2010
- Plethora of winter sports at Kashmir snow carnival - Feb 03, 2009
- Kashmir reverberates with summer tourists (With images) - Jun 24, 2011
- Chill brings good tidings for Shimla ice skating rink - Dec 11, 2009
- Snow cycling, a new favorite sport in Kashmir - Feb 23, 2011
- China ice festival gets Marilyn Monroe sculpture - Jan 06, 2012
- Snowfall in Gulmarg brings cheer to tourists - Jan 08, 2009
- Snow Festival in Gulmarg attracts tourists in large numbers - Feb 05, 2009
- Winter carnival begins in snow-covered Gulmarg (Lead) - Feb 03, 2009
Tags: annual winter festival, cable car, car project, christmas mass, dec 25, december 26, feet above sea level, fiesta, gaiety, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, mystique, santa claus, skiing, state tourism, sufi music, sweets, tourism promotion, tourists, venue