Tourism Ministers conference to kick off in Rishikesh tomorrowApril 20th, 2011 - 5:44 pm ICT by ANI
Rishikesh, Apr 20 (ANI): Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahai will on Thursday inaugurate the second ‘Inter State Regional Conference of the Tourism Ministers of the North-Central States’ for development and promotion of tourism at Rishikesh.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal will also address the conference, which will be attended by tourism ministers from Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand and Delhi.
The agenda of the conference includes, identification of circuits/destinations for their development in ‘Mission Mode’ through integrated planning, public private partnership and convergence of resources, human resources development in hospitality sector through skill development, skill certification and broad basing of education, strategies for promoting inter-state domestic tourism, utilization of funds, initiatives to achieve sustainable tourism growth and implementation of safe and honourable tourism in the states.
The conference will also have an open session where issues related to convergence of resources at identified circuits/destinations, inter-state movement of tourist vehicles, taxes on tourism and hospitality sectors, broad basing of hospitality education and training, skill training for the hospitality sector, creation of land bank/allotment of land on preferential terms for construction of hotels, tourist safety and security implementation of code of conduct for safe and honorable tourism and development of wayside amenities on key roads will be discussed with trade representatives and state governments. (ANI)
- Nine states to discuss tourism promotion - Apr 20, 2011
- Southern states' tourism ministers meet in Kerala - Aug 19, 2011
- Tourism working group proposes focus on skill development - Apr 20, 2012
- 'Develop tourism by public private partnerships' - Apr 26, 2011
- India sees spurt in tourist arrivals, but sanitation a concern - Apr 21, 2011
- Foreign tourist arrivals in India jump 21 percent - Jan 16, 2010
- States should help boost tourism growth: Sibal - May 31, 2011
- Haryana to set up culinary institute - Apr 21, 2011
- Tourist security to top minister's agenda at Goa meet - Mar 04, 2010
- Odisha kidnapping will have no impact on tourism: Sahay - Mar 20, 2012
- Major push to tourism planned - Aug 16, 2012
- Take all steps for tourists' security against crime, says Kumari Selja - Mar 06, 2010
- ADB provides 250 million dollars to help India turn tourism into growth, jobs driver - Sep 29, 2010
- Subodh Kant Sahai calls for more thrust on domestic tourism - Mar 14, 2011
- UP to develop Buddhist, Sufi and Hindu religious circuits - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: development skill, domestic tourism, education strategies, himachal pradesh, hospitality education, hospitality sector, hospitality sectors, human resources development, inter state, jammu and kashmir, mission mode, north central states, preferential terms, public private partnership, security implementation, skill certification, tourism growth, tourism minister, tourist safety, tourist vehicles