Tourism Minister calls for enhanced focus on rural tourismMarch 28th, 2011 - 8:09 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 28 (ANI): Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahai on Monday called for enhanced focus on rural tourism.
Presenting the National Tourism Awards for 2009-10 here, Sahai said that the Ministry of Tourism would carry out an audit of its Rural Tourism Projects to ensure that this important initiative is not lost.
“Considering the fact that the majority in India lives in villages, our focus should be on Rural Tourism. I have asked my Ministry to carry out an audit of our Rural Tourism projects so that this important initiative is not lost. Rural Tourism while providing a varied and vivid experience can also expose the visitors to different ways to live life,” he added.
“We are making all efforts to make tourism as our main political and economic agenda given its proven role in stimulating inclusive economic growth, employment generation and social integration,” he said.
“My Ministry is committed for the integrated development of tourism with active participation of various State Governments, Union Territories and other stakeholders in the industry,” he added.
“The key for the development of tourism in future, in my opinion, would be research, collaboration, innovation, public private partnership and sustainability,” he said.
“We must monitor and analyze the global tourism trends to maintain our competitiveness. We must increase our collaboration and improve information exchange mechanism with the industry, international organizations and educational institutions,” he added.
Stating that India is an excellent destination for making films, Sahai called upon the international film industry to take advantage of beautiful locales of the country.
The Minister also assured the tourism industry that the Ministry’s endeavor remains to work hand-in-hand with the industry and sincere towards its genuine demands and it would not hesitate to champion the cause of the industry with various authorities. (ANI)
- Tourism minister presents awards for excellence in hospitality education - Mar 24, 2011
- Subodh Kant Sahai calls for more thrust on domestic tourism - Mar 14, 2011
- Sahai denies nepotism in coal block allocations (Second Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- 35 new tourist circuits to be developed under 12th Plan - Dec 14, 2011
- 100,000 skilled workers to join tourism sector - Jul 05, 2012
- Tourism should be part of political agenda: Sahai - Jul 06, 2012
- Government to attact more tourists to northeast: Minister - Nov 19, 2011
- India, Mauritius to strengthen travel trade - Jul 13, 2012
- Sahai's Rs.100 crore largesse for Jharkhand tourism - Dec 14, 2011
- Sahai urges people to join Clean India campaign (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Foreign tourist flow to touch 8 mn by 2015 - Mar 11, 2011
- Anna getting exposed, says Subodh Kant Sahai - Dec 26, 2011
- Xinjiang beckons Indian filmmakers - Nov 03, 2011
- Focus on tourism's job opportunities, says minister - Mar 18, 2011
- Tourism minister launches Clean India Campaign - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: economic agenda, educational institutions, employment generation, global tourism, india lives, international film industry, ministry of tourism, national tourism, public private partnership, research collaboration, rural tourism, sahai, social integration, state governments, subodh, tourism awards, tourism minister, tourism projects, tourism trends, vivid experience