Top Maoist rebel arrested with arms and ammunition in OrissaMarch 6th, 2011 - 10:09 pm ICT by ANI
Bargarh (Orissa), Mar 6(ANI): Orissa Police on Sunday arrested a top Maoist leader, identified as Satrughan alias Manglu Biswal, from Bargarh district.
Biswal was arrested from Bargarh railway station on charges of involvement in subversive activities.
The police also seized one 9mm pistol, six live ammunitions, Maoist literature and posters, mobile phone and Rs.54,500 in cash from his possession.
“He was arrested with 9mm pistol, six live ammunitions, around Rs.54,500, incrementing material like Maoist literature, posters and mobile phone. Investigations are on into the matter and rest of the things will be clear after detail investigation,” said Soorya Thankappan, Superintendent of Police, Bargarh.
He also said that Biswal, who was a resident of Erasama area of Jagatsinghpur district, was a key person in the Left-wing outfit (Communist Party of India-Marxist) and had operated in Nuapara, Balangir and Bargarh district to give a boost to the disruptive activities. (ANI)
- Orissa Maoist leader arrested with arms - Mar 05, 2011
- Five Maoists held in Orissa - Dec 15, 2010
- Two minors among five Maoists held in Orissa (Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- Orissa forest guard shot dead by Maoists - Sep 19, 2011
- Bodo militants, Ulfa linkman nabbed in Assam - Jul 10, 2012
- Police destroy Maoist camp, one rebel held - Jan 29, 2011
- Three Maoists arrested with Rs.76 lakh, arms - Aug 12, 2011
- Jharkhand police arrest top Maoist leader in Simdega Distrcit - Oct 14, 2010
- Militant nabbed in Meghalaya - Jun 05, 2012
- Four Maoists held in Jharkhand - Nov 09, 2011
- 25 outlaws arrested in Karachi - Mar 18, 2012
- Two Maoists arrested in Orissa - Feb 12, 2010
- Two arms suppliers to Nepali Maoists nabbed - Dec 26, 2010
- Seven Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Aug 14, 2011
- Maoists kill home guard in Odisha ahead of I-Day - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: 9mm, alias, ammunition, bargarh, biswal, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, disruptive activities, investigations, left wing, literature, maoist, mobile phone, orissa police, pistol, possession, posters, railway station, subversive activities, superintendent