Top Canadian universities in India to attract studentsAugust 25th, 2008 - 6:33 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 25 (ANI): Fifteen of Canadas elite universities are in India to hold information sessions on Canada as a destination for higher education.
The delegation is led by Michelle Beaton of Ryerson University, Toronto, and assisted by Ginette Sanfacon of McGill University. The delegation will be in India from August 18-28.
The sessions are being organized by the Canadian Higher Education Committee under the aegis of Council of International Schools (CIS) and have been held in Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune and Delhi. It is Councils fourth consecutive tour to India.
The tour is of special interest to Standard XI and Standard XII students who exhibit strong academic standing, as well as to their parents. The schedule includes school visits, information fairs, and an in-depth Canadian university admission workshop for guidance counselors.
India is a key undergraduate student market for Canadian universities, said Michelle Beaton of Ryerson University, and Tour Director.
Indian students are sought for their academic strengths and their rich contributions to student life on Canadian university campuses. In turn, increasing numbers of Indian students are making Canada their first choice for study as evidenced on this tour, she said.
Indian students are drawn to our universities common attributes of international reputations for academic excellence, state of the art resources, and safe campuses in welcoming locations, Beaton added.
Each year, tour organizers work to strengthen existing relationships with secondary schools in the city they visit, and also expand outreach to new regions.
The 2007 tour included an information program in Dehra Dun, and there are discussions about the inclusion of Chandigarh as a destination in the 2009 tour itinerary. (ANI)
- Indian student wins scholarship to study in Canada - Aug 13, 2010
- `Canada must aim to attract top Asian students' - Aug 10, 2012
- Canada's top management school to woo Indian students (With Image) - Aug 21, 2010
- Canadian universities start India offices - Feb 14, 2012
- Indian students head for Canada to join research internships - Jul 12, 2010
- 51 Canadian fellowships for Indian graduate students - Nov 10, 2010
- Tri-Valley won't affect Indian enrolment in US: Experts - Mar 07, 2011
- Canadian varsities woo Indian students - Aug 25, 2008
- Canada showcases trade, investment opportunities in Gujarat - Jan 17, 2011
- Schulich business school to set up campus in Hyderabad - Jul 11, 2011
- India is favourite destination of Canadian varsities - Dec 19, 2010
- Canada's Carleton to have ties with IIT Mumbai, Jindal Global University - Feb 04, 2011
- US varsity launches undergraduate certificate in India studies - Jul 27, 2012
- Glued to earplugs, two students crushed by train - Dec 01, 2011
- North American gurus to join Indian management conclave - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: canadian higher education, dehra dun, elite universities, guidance counselors, higher education committee, international reputations, mcgill university, michelle beaton, ryerson university toronto, top canadian universities