Top bankers to address Annual Banking Technology Summit on Sept 16September 14th, 2008 - 10:08 am ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Sept 14 (ANI/Business Wire India): Banknet’’s Fourth International Bank Tech Summit will be held in Mumbai from September 16.
The summit will begin with a round table session where topics like effective implementation of technology, effective implementation of core banking, vendor management, outsourcing, business continuity and disaster recovery among others will be discussed.
Round table will be followed by three strategic sessions led by industry experts. These sessions will span the important topics like risk management, financial frauds, anti money laundering, data mining and warehousing, alternate channels and information security.
More than 20 COO’’s, CTO’’s, GMs, group business heads from major banks like State Bank of India, IDBI Bank Ltd, Bank of India, IDFC Ltd, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, IndusInd Bank, Development Credit Bank, Axis Bank, Citizen Credit Co-Op Bank, Shamrao Vithal Co-Operative Bank and Genpact , BT, Infrasoft, Check Point, Informatica, McAfee, Paymate & NMIMS will address the summit.
A technology exhibition in the pre-summit area will showcase products or services of technology companies.
According to Banknet Group CMD, Anurag Khanna, “BFSI Companies are spending a lot on technology. In this ”me too” environment, competitive advantage has unexpectedly lost relevance. We need to realign IT for getting companies back on track - to work towards the goal of competitive advantage”.
It is important to discuss that how technology can help banks in attaining the efficiency in their internal processes and given them competitive advantage vis-a-vis their competitors in the market, added Khanna.
Technology has played a significant role in improving the efficiency of the banking and financial system in recent years.
Information technology has also enabled sophisticated product development, better market infrastructure, implementation of reliable techniques for control of risks and reaching geographically distant and diversified markets.
An approach towards IT centralisation can benefit banks and financial institutions in terms of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Customer Profiling and Differentiation and for improved customer service.
Adequate Disaster Recovery Systems and the regular periodical testing and auditing of critical systems would be needed to ensure fail safe Business Continuity Plans.
The role of technology service providers and intermediaries have now gained greater significance due to increased outsourcing; for the banks and financial institutions, the complexities in handling vendor management as part of outsourcing need to be addressed so as to ensure that risks arising out of outsourcing are minimised.
Implementation of core banking systems has almost reached its final stage and most banks have successfully implemented CBS in their branches.
Now there is a need for integration. Another crucial activity which needs to be completed in a time bound manner relates to the IT related aspects pertaining to conformity to the BASEL II requirements by banks. (ANI)
- HCL Technologies, New Zealand's Finzsoft tie up - Jun 27, 2011
- Domino's starts cashless pizza delivery - May 05, 2011
- Standard Chartered's BPO to prune vendors, save $7 mn - Jan 19, 2012
- Nucleus Software partners with Turkish firm - Jun 07, 2011
- India, China to see growth in BPO sector by 2015 - Aug 22, 2011
- Sonata to set up offshore centre for US firm - Jul 31, 2012
- WIPRO computerises five cooperative banks - Jul 31, 2012
- Infosys bags Rs.700 crore order from India Post - Aug 09, 2012
- New Zealand firm to manage Indian enterprises' data with CMC - Feb 11, 2012
- Qatar Airways signs pact with Wipro for IT solutions (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- G-20 Summit Declaration - Jun 20, 2012
- Need to shift from cash to electronic payment: Subbarao - Aug 03, 2012
- Bank strike hits customer services in Karnataka - Aug 23, 2012
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Cloud computing to create one lakh jobs in India: Study - Jul 19, 2011
Tags: axis bank, banknet, bfsi, business continuity and disaster recovery, co operative bank, data mining and warehousing, hdfc bank, idbi bank ltd, indusind bank, infrasoft, infrastructure implementation, kotak mahindra bank, market infrastructure, nmims, reliable techniques, showcase products, state bank of india, summit area, technology exhibition, technology summit