Tony Curtis says he married Janet Leigh for fameOctober 17th, 2008 - 3:04 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 17 (ANI): Legendary actor Tony Curtis has revealed he married Hollywood actress Janet Leigh for fame and publicity.
The 83-year-old actor, who has been married 6 times, admitted that his first marriage to his Psycho co-actor Janet Leigh gave his career the much needed boost and publicity.
“I even married Janet for my career. I could see the two of us could get more attention together, The Daily Express quoted Tony, as saying.
We had the paparazzi wherever we went; we were on the cover of all the movie magazines.
It wasn”t enough for a man to be cute, he had to be connected to the right woman, he added.
When asked if he regrets the nuptials, the actor said: No, no, no, not at all. I loved it. What better way to get famous?” (ANI)
- Legendary Actor Tony Curtis Passes Away - Oct 01, 2010
- Tony Curtis claims Marilyn Monroe was pregnant with his child - Aug 07, 2009
- Friends And Family Remember And Pay Tribute To Tony Curtis - Oct 05, 2010
- My dad's legacy will live on, says Jamie Lee Curtis - Oct 01, 2010
- Scarlett Johansson to play Janet Leigh - Mar 03, 2012
- Chirag should grab No.1 position in B'wood: Ram Vilas Paswan - Nov 01, 2011
- Will Robert And Kristen Participate In 'Dancing With The Stars'? - Nov 29, 2010
- Tony Curtis 'died after long history of lung problems caused by smoking' - Oct 01, 2010
- Jessica Biel to play Vera Miles - Mar 22, 2012
- The Marilyn affair - Tony Curtis tells all - Aug 07, 2009
- Tributes flow for 'fine actor' Tony Curtis - Oct 01, 2010
- Tony Curtis 'left his five children out of his will' - Mar 09, 2011
- Wedding Bells for Ganja Karuppu - Dec 01, 2009
- Tearful Longoria reveals her 'heartbreak' over divorce from Tony Parker - Apr 09, 2011
- Hollywood celebs love to say 'I do' - again and again! - Apr 11, 2010