Tony Blair rakes in six-figure fee for 90-minute speechApril 12th, 2008 - 4:45 pm ICT by admin
London, Apr 12 (ANI): Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair has raked in a whooping six-figure fee for a 90-minute speech at a conference in Barcelona, Spain.
According to Spanish newspapers, Blair has received at least 100,000 pounds for addressing 2,000 business leaders in Barcelona.
However, the conference organisers refuse to reveal how much Blair was paid.
In his speech, Blair had praised Spain for its position in Europe along with its economic growth. He also defended his decision to invade Iraq.
Mr Blair was very impressive. Everyone went home delighted, The Sun quoted a spokesman for one of the four companies behind the conference, as saying.
He spoke very eloquently about a broad range of subjects and was happy to answer every question, the spokesman added.
While Barcelona paper El Periodico de Catalunya claims that Blair had received between 100,000 and 153,000 pounds, El Pais estimated that it may have been as much as 240,000 pounds.
But Blairs spokesman said that some figures quoted were well wide of the mark, and added Tony Blair spends the vast majority of his time on his unpaid work. (ANI)
- Blair met Mittal over Kazakhstan deal: Report - Oct 30, 2011
- Tony Blair secures 2,000-pounds-a-minute speech deal with London hedge fund - Jan 26, 2010
- 180 pounds for a "photo opportunity with Tony Blair" - Sep 27, 2009
- First Guantanamo prisoner arrives in Spain - Feb 24, 2010
- Blair's fortune set to treble to 45 million pounds - Feb 01, 2010
- Who wouldn't want Mauritius trip: Cherie Blair at poverty meet - Sep 24, 2010
- Brown aiming to pocket 64,000 pounds per public speaking engagement - Aug 19, 2010
- Britain's town hall chiefs earn more than PM - Feb 14, 2011
- Spanish press hail Euro 2012 triumph - Jul 02, 2012
- Zoo animals have their own games (Olympic diary) - Aug 10, 2012
- Tony Blair's fund raiser suspected for fixing papal honours - Apr 03, 2011
- Blair spends thousands on party at Prince William's favourite nightclub - Dec 20, 2009
- Gaddafi's son seeks friend Tony Blair's "diplomatic" assistance in 'crushing their enemies' - Feb 25, 2011
- Olympic Torch sold for over £150,000 on the auction site eBay - May 22, 2012
- Gordon Brown offers to lecture at $100,000 - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: barcelona spain, business leaders, economic growth, el periodico de catalunya, europe, iraq, london, minister tony blair, minute speech, mr blair, periodico de catalunya, prime minister tony blair, rakes, spanish newspapers, spokesman said that, sun, tony blair, unpaid work