Toni Braxton hopped Dancing With the Stars finale to have benign tumour removedDecember 11th, 2008 - 2:04 pm ICT by ANI
New York, December 11 (ANI): Toni Braxton hopped the final moments of the Dancing With the Stars as she was recovering after having had a tumour removed from her breast.
The singer, who twirled and twisted with partner Alex Mazo on the dance reality show, had found the lump in August in a routine check up but was given the green chit by the doctor to compete in the show.
The six-time Grammy Award-winner, however, returned to the clinic after having been eliminated on October 20 only to find that the lump had grown bigger after which she had been operated upon.
I was worried about what they would find. But it was benign, the New York Daily News quoted her as telling Us Weekly.
“[The lump] was definitely still there and bigger,” she added.
The Un-break My Heart hit maker, whose her family had a history of the life-threatening disease, further revealed that she thought herself to be lucky.
She said: “We have family history. My grandmother on my dad’’s side died of breast cancer, and I have aunts on both sides that have breast cancer.”
“I was very fortunate. Cancer knows no race, no creed, no colour.” (ANI)
- Ex Miss Venezuela's book on her breast cancer battle breaks taboos - Feb 22, 2011
- Lady Gaga is still daddy's girl, reveals new book - Mar 05, 2011
- Sonam asks fans for special birthday gift - Jun 07, 2012
- Future docs may have to pass new breast exam test - Mar 25, 2011
- Braxton skips dance show finale over cancer scare - Dec 06, 2008
- Ellen DeGeneres: Wanda Sykes Reveals Breast Cancer - Sep 27, 2011
- Toni Braxton on love hunt - Mar 02, 2010
- 'Dirty Dancing' star Jennifer Grey escapes cancer - Sep 06, 2010
- Wake-up call on breast cancer in India (Feature) - Oct 28, 2010
- Gene test may bring safe chemotherapy - Mar 23, 2012
- Danielle Lineker, Stacey Solomon lead stars in breast cancer campaign - Oct 08, 2010
- Smoking ups death risk due to breast cancer - Nov 09, 2010
- What should teen girls do when they see lump in their breast - Jun 26, 2009
- Giuliana Rancic diagnosed with breast cancer - Oct 17, 2011
- Wanda Sykes talks about her breast cancer treatment - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: alex mazo, aunts, benign tumour, breast cancer, chit, creed, dad, dancing with the stars, dancing with the stars finale, family history, grandmother, life threatening disease, new york daily news, reality show, routine check, time grammy award winner, toni braxton, un break my heart, york daily news