Tomb guard who helped bury Saddams body says it had six stab woundsNovember 2nd, 2008 - 12:33 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Nov 2 (ANI): The dead body of former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein who was executed around two years ago, was stabbed at least six times (after being executed), the head guard at the former presidents tomb in north of Baghdad has claimed. The guard was one of the 300 persons who helped bury the corpse.
There were six stab wounds on his body. Four of the wounds were on the former presidents front and two on his back, Pakistani daily the Daily Times quoted Talal Misrab (45), the head guard, as saying in an interview with The Times.
He also said there was an injury to his face, and that 300 other people witnessed the injuries when the body was buried in the early hours of the morning, the day after Saddam was executed.
But, the claim has been categorically denied by the head of Saddams tribe. Similarly, the Iraqi government has also denied of any mutilation took place after the dictator was hanged on December 30, 2006.
Saddams tomb is housed in a large hall in al-Awja, a small village north of Baghdad where Saddam spent much of his childhood.
Another tribesman said he had been told by Sheikh Ali al-Neda, the former head of Saddams tribe, who has since also died, that the body had stab wounds.
Meanwhile, Iraq s security adviser Mowaffak al-Rubaie denied the allegation, saying: I oversaw the whole process from A-Z and Saddam Husseins body was not, not stabbed or mutilated and he was not humiliated before execution.
Sheikh Hasan al-Neda, who is now leader of Saddams tribe, also dismissed the suggestion that anyone had mutilated the corpse. I swear by God his body was totally intact except for a bruise on his cheek. When we received the body in Baghdad , we were told that they [the Iraqi authorities] washed and wrapped it according to Islamic traditions, but we still washed him again here in Tikrit, said al-Neda.
He added: My son Ahmed was there and he told a Saudi newspaper that the body was not mutilated in any way. (ANI)
- Saddam was stabbed six times after execution, claims guard - Nov 01, 2008
- Iraq bans visits to Saddam Hussein's grave - Jan 22, 2012
- Iraqi legislators oppose execution of Saddam regime officials - Jul 17, 2011
- 800 bodies found in Iraq mass grave - Apr 15, 2011
- 900 bodies found in mass grave in Iraq - Jul 07, 2011
- US military hands over former headquarters to Iraq - Dec 02, 2011
- Saddam Hussein's secretary executed - Jun 07, 2012
- Iraq's head of anti-Baath committee assassinated - May 27, 2011
- Anti-terror official killed in Iraq blast - Sep 07, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- US hands over Saddam's two half-brothers to Iraq - Jul 15, 2011
- Iraq frees Saddam Hussein's interior minister - Jul 10, 2012
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
Tags: al neda, allegation, bruise, dictator, former iraqi president saddam hussein, former presidents, hasan al, iraqi authorities, iraqi government, iraqi president, islamic traditions, mutilation, nov 2, president saddam hussein, saddam husseins body, security adviser, sheikh ali, six times, stab wounds, tribesman