Tom Cruise adamant to take movie risksNovember 27th, 2008 - 5:21 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 27 (ANI): Hollywood actor Tom Cruise has revealed that he will continue to take risks with his films, insisting that some of his greatest hits were dubbed “career suicide”.
The 46-year-old actor, who would next be seen in World War Two-themed Valkyrie, said that he prefers to be slated by critics than always opt for safe but boring parts.
“There’’s always someone telling you not to make a movie. When I did Born on the Fourth of July they said, ”This is going to ruin your career. What are you doing?” Suicide? I”ve committed it. There were people who didn”t want me to make Top Gun,” Contacmusic quoted him, as telling Details magazine.
However, Cruise also admitted that he has made some mistakes in the past, and that he could have handled certain things better.
The actors stellar Hollywood career had begun to crumble when his behaviour started becoming more and more erratic, which even cost him the support of his fans.
He went down even further after he announced that he would eat his babys placenta, and also for slamming actress Brooke Shields for using anti-depressants.
There are things that I could have done better. I could have handled things better, he confessed during an interview held in his suite at the Beverly Hills Hotel. (ANI)
- Tom Cruise admits to having made mistakes as he makes a comeback - Nov 25, 2008
- Tom Cruise wows Mumbai fans at special MIGP screening - Dec 05, 2011
- Hitler's last surviving bodyguard stops replying to fan mail - Jan 28, 2011
- Tom Cruise explains bizarre Oprah couch incident - May 26, 2010
- Jake Gyllenhaal doesn't see himself as leading man - Nov 29, 2010
- Murphy plans 'Beverly Hills Cop' TV series - Oct 27, 2011
- Lautner wants career like Cruise, Damon - Sep 04, 2011
- I will really miss Scott, says Cruise - Aug 21, 2012
- Sam Worthington was advised by Russell Crowe on how to handle fame - Jan 09, 2011
- Jake Gyllenhaal wants to don director's hat - Mar 25, 2011
- Tom Cruise opens up about bizarre couch-jumping - May 27, 2010
- Debina my lady luck: Gurmeet Chowdhary (TV Snippets) - Jul 16, 2012
- I am a terrible liar: Gary Oldman - Feb 01, 2012
- I do one film a year: John Abraham - Sep 29, 2011
- Uday's acting takes backseat, production in focus - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: actors, actress, anti depressants, beverly hills hotel, born on the fourth of july, brooke shields, career suicide, details magazine, films, fourth of july, greatest hits, hollywood, hollywood actor, hollywood career, placenta, tom cruise, top gun, valkyrie, world war two