TiVo chooses Wipro’’s DVB-T middleware to build HD Digital Video RecordersSeptember 9th, 2008 - 7:00 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Sept 9 (ANI/Business Wire India): Wipro Technologies, the global IT services business of Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT) today announced that TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO), the creator of and a leader in television services for digital video recorders (DVRs), has adopted Wipro’’s DVB-T and Common Interface (CI) software stacks for its solutions targeting Australian and European markets.
TiVo has recently launched its HD DVR in Australia with Wipro’’s Digital Video Broadcasting - Terrestrial (DVB-T) middleware stack. The solution supports the free-to-air television networks” digital channels available across Australia with most of TiVo’’s popular features.
TiVo continues to expand its global footprint through strategic alliances that bring a DVR solution to international pay TV and broadcasting companies while providing the best television entertainment experience to consumers around the world, said Joshua Danovitz, Vice President and GM of International at TiVo Inc. Licensing Wipro’’s DVB-T stack provided easy integration with the TiVo platform, saving a considerable amount of development time and helping to ensure a successful launch in Australia. We are pleased with the results and the support provided by the Wipro team.
TiVo has been an innovation leader since its inception. It has changed the whole TV viewing experience through their innovative DVR solutions over the years. We are excited about the fact that Wipro’’s multi-country compliant DVB-T stack, along with DVB-CI stack, has been adopted by TiVo for their DVR solutions, said Nagamani Murthy, Vice President, Mobile Consumer Electronics and Automotive Group,Wipro Technologies
Wipro with its wide spectrum of competencies in the Consumer Electronics domain has more than twenty five licensees for its Digital TV middleware stacks such as ATSC, OpenCable, DVB-T/C/S/CI, MHEG-5 and ISDB-T/S. These stacks can be found in multiple product segments including HDTV, High-end Hybrid set-top box, DVR and In-Car TVs. With proven and off-the-shelf Digital TV middleware, Wipro helps its customer focus on product differentiation through rich applications. (ANI)
- TiVo Premiere Unveiled For Movie Buffs - Mar 03, 2010
- Actor Ricky Gervais to do a cameo in "The Office" - Jan 20, 2011
- How to make effective ads - Aug 25, 2009
- Vizio Teams With Blockbuster Service - Feb 08, 2010
- Fast-forwarded ads still leave brand impression in viewers brain - Nov 04, 2008
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012
- What do your smartphones and laptops say about you? - Nov 19, 2010
- TRAI move on STB interoperability receives mixed response - Sep 17, 2010
- Wipro partners with Oracle to offer analytics solutions - Sep 03, 2010
- OMG, even centenarians are becoming tech-savvy! - May 06, 2010
- Wipro buys Australian analytics firm - May 01, 2012
- Jessica Simpson wants to study theology - Dec 04, 2008
- Wipro, Oracle strengthen ties, to foster growth for customers - Sep 09, 2010
- Wipro bags customer excellence award - Nov 29, 2011
- TiE turning immigrants into millionaires - May 18, 2011