Tiny chihuahuas are worlds most destructive dogs!September 14th, 2008 - 12:29 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Sept 14 (ANI): They might be tiny, but when it comes to destroying things in the home, the pint-size chihuahuas can be monsters, thats what a new of list of the world’’s most destructive dog breeds claims.
The peewee pooches are ranked just behind great danes in the list conducted by pet insurer Esure, reports the Daily Telegraph.
According to the survey, chihuahuas and great danes clock up repair bills averaging 1376 dollars and 1420 dollars respectively during their lifetime.
Bulldogs, dachshunds and beagles also made the top 10, with pugs, saint bernards and pointers among the least ruinous.
The survey of more than 3000 UK dog owners found the items most often damaged were soft furnishings and electrical goods - used as makeshift chew-toys - and vases and lights, knocked over by wagging tails.
Almost two-thirds of owners had paid to repair or replace damaged items, with most breakages caused by puppies.
The results showed a dog’’s size did not indicate its wrecking capability. (ANI)
- Whippets are world's costliest breeds of dogs for owners - Jun 17, 2010
- Over 300 dogs participate in Amritsar show - Dec 20, 2010
- Over 400 dogs participate in Ludhiana's dog show - Nov 29, 2010
- Labrador Retriever named America's top dog - Jan 27, 2011
- 80pc Brits won't date someone who doesn't like their pooch! - Feb 12, 2011
- Dogs overtaking cats as UK's favourite pet - Apr 03, 2011
- Chihuahuas now join Australia's 'Most Dangerous Dogs' list - Nov 07, 2010
- Kolkatans enthralled by dog show in the city - Jan 24, 2010
- Brit dog falls off 200ft cliff, spends 6 days on bushy ledge, but survives! - May 31, 2010
- Aussies spend more than $25K on pets in lifetime! - May 05, 2010
- Peter Andre gets a new pet - Jan 31, 2012
- Dog's head size predicts strength, running ability - Feb 01, 2011
- Pug fashion leads to longer noses and legs - Jul 16, 2012
- DiCaprio's pet dog stinks, say friends - Dec 12, 2011
- 12pc of pooches with Facebook profiles have more friends than you do - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: beagles, bulldogs, chihuahuas, dachshunds, daily telegraph, destructive dogs, dog breeds, dog owners, electrical goods, esure, great danes, insurer, pint size, pointers, pooches, repair bills, saint bernards, soft furnishings, vases, wagging tails