TiE announces launch of SIG to promote entrepreneurship in Clean TechnologySeptember 1st, 2008 - 9:32 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Sep 1 (ANI/Business Wire India ): The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) Mumbai today announced the launch of their new Special Interest Group (SIG) focused on building a Clean Technology ecosystem in India . The SIG is sponsored by Nexus India Capital, India ‘’s leading venture capital fund with offices in Menlo Park and Mumbai.
The CleanTech SIG aims to bring together entrepreneurs, industry, academia, consultants, investors and policy makers in the areas of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, Water Management and Recycling, and Sustainable Agriculture. Given the need for affordable and mass deployable energy and water solutions, this is an apt time to create a platform which energizes all the stakeholders and involves them in finding solutions for problems resulting from green house gas emissions, a depleting water table and a wide mismatch between energy supply and demand.
The SIG will give its members a platform to interact, share and disperse knowledge and views on CleanTech. To enable that, the group will regularly host networking sessions, workshops, guest lectures and organize trips to various CleanTech related companies and organizations. The SIG held its first event on August 30th with Prof. Rangan Bannerjee, Head of the Energy Systems Department at IIT-Mumbai and Raghupathy of CII-GBC making presentations on renewable energy and green buildings respectively.
Apart from creating more awareness and knowledge, the SIG aims to foster innovation and cleantech entrepreneurships among its members and to build a very active CleanTech ecosystem in India . (ANI)
- 20 Indian geeks to flag innovations at EmTech - Mar 26, 2012
- Coming soon, 'blue rating' water standards for industry - May 20, 2012
- Finnish 'clean tech' firms look for joint venture in India - Feb 03, 2011
- EU to help Indian firms with clean technologies - Feb 17, 2011
- Sweden eyes environmental cooperation with UAE - Dec 20, 2010
- Finland offers India expertise in clean energy space (With Image) - Oct 27, 2010
- Noida's Knowledge Boulevard wins gold LEED certification - Nov 10, 2011
- India to reduce GDP emission intensity by 20 percent by 2020: Manmohan Singh - Feb 03, 2011
- Green rating assessment scheme for Goa demanded - Oct 01, 2011
- India, US announce eight educational partnerships - Jun 12, 2012
- Greenpeace urges Apple to use clean energy - May 09, 2012
- India should scale up green technologies: UNIDO chief (Interview) - Feb 05, 2012
- Floating solar power plants to bridge energy deficit? - Nov 20, 2011
- US-India business summit sees huge potential (Lead, changing dateline) - Apr 29, 2012
- India seeks science & technology-driven partnership with US - Oct 05, 2011
Tags: apt time, energy supply and demand, entrepreneurships, green house gas emissions, india capital, indus entrepreneurs, menlo park, networking sessions, special interest group, venture capital fund