Tibetans-in-exile pray for Dalai Lama’s long lifeJuly 18th, 2010 - 12:03 pm ICT by ANI
Dharamsala, July 18 (ANI): Amid growing concerns over the health of Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, the Tibetans-in-exile offered special prayers in Himachal Pradesh’s Dharamsala town for the long life of their ageing leader.
The four-day-long prayers are organized every year, but this year the prayers were extended to five days, because of the recent earthquake in Tibet.
“That is like the biggest concern for all the Tibetans inside and outside Tibet because whatever we have is only Dalai Lama. We cannot think beyond him. So everybody is scared and concerned,” said Tenzin Dicky, a volunteer for the Dhasa Cholsum organization, which organized the prayers.
“We don’t know how we are going to continue without him. So, for that, our NGO has organized this prayer,” he added.
Earlier on July 6, similar prayers were held here on the occasion of Dala Lama’s 75th birthday.
The Dalai Lama has made several trips to the doctors in the recent years due to his poor health - ranging from surgery for gallbladder stones to pain in his arms. (ANI)
- Will decide on successor when I am 90: Dalai Lama - Sep 24, 2011
- Prayers, sapling plantations mark Dalai Lama's birthday - Jul 06, 2011
- Prayers, hunger strikes mark Tibetan sacred festival - Feb 22, 2012
- Mahatma's grandson to attend Dalai Lama's birthday bash - Jul 04, 2011
- Dalai Lama's 77th birthday celebrated in Dharamsala - Jul 06, 2012
- Dalai Lama reverses 350-year-old tradition - May 30, 2011
- Exiled Tibetans ask China to stop repressive policy - Nov 04, 2011
- Dalai Lama's 77th birthday celebrated in Dharamsala (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- On Dalai Lama's birthday, prayers for his long life - Jul 06, 2011
- Sangay concerned over unrest in Tibet - Jun 02, 2012
- Tibetan youth who immolated himself cremated - Mar 30, 2012
- Dalai Lama in Delhi for eye check-up (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- A year since Dalai Lama's historic transition - Mar 08, 2012
- Exiled Tibetans get a young PM in Lobsang Sangay (Night Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Dalai Lama's message read in Tibetan parliament-in-exile - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: 75th birthday, dala lama, dalai lama, dharamsala, doctors, exile, gallbladder, gallbladder stones, himachal pradesh, ngo, poor health, prayer, prayers, recent earthquake, tibet, tibetan spiritual leader, tibetans, volunteer