Tibetan couple complete peace pilgrimage from Tibet to IndiaNovember 17th, 2007 - 4:46 pm ICT by admin
Bodh Gaya, Nov 17 (ANI): A Tibetan couple completed more than a year-and a half long pilgrimage on foot from Tibet to India to spread the message of world peace and humanity.
Kardun together with his wife Sangay Dolma journeyed over 4000 kilometres from Tibet, crossing Nepal and finally ending their pilgrimage in Bodh Gaya.
The aim of the couple’s pilgrimage was to spread the message of world peace and to pray for the long life of Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama.
“I come to pray to the All Mighty that all the sentient beings can stay peaceful and in harmony,” said Kardun.
At Bodh Gaya, the two offered prayers at the Mahabodhi Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that was built near the Bodhi tree under which, Buddha is said to have attained enlightenment.
While Kardun prostrated himself through the entire journey, Dolma followed on foot pulling a handcart containing their belongings.
The couple began their journey in February 2006 and completed it on Thursday. (ANI)
- Three walk from Tibet to Bodh Gaya to pray for Dalai Lama (Lead) - Sep 26, 2009
- Devotees travel on foot from Tibet to pray for Dalai Lama - Sep 26, 2009
- Buddhist monks to get ID cards in Bodh Gaya - Sep 02, 2011
- Buddhists to throng Bodh Gaya Thursday for special rites - Dec 27, 2010
- Buddha Purnima celebrated at Bodh Gaya - May 27, 2010
- McLeodganj deserted as residents leave en masse for Bodh Gaya - Dec 31, 2011
- Gere in Bodh Gaya to attend Dalai Lama's discourse - Jan 02, 2012
- A mound like structure made of empty cartridges attracts tourists in Bodhgaya - Jul 24, 2010
- Dried branches of Bodhi tree chopped - Aug 01, 2012
- Tibet situation grim, needs global intervention, say exiles - Feb 24, 2012
- Shutdown in Bodh Gaya against anti-encroachment drive - Aug 08, 2011
- High security for Dalai Lama's visit to Bodh Gaya - Jan 03, 2010
- Dalai Lama prays at Bodh Gaya ahead of Kalachakra puja - Dec 31, 2011
- Holy mess: Filth, mismanagement disgusts foreigners at Bodh Gaya event - Jan 08, 2012
- 5,000 initiated into Tibetan Buddhism at Bodh Gaya - Dec 29, 2010
Tags: aim, attained enlightenment, bodh gaya, bodhi tree, dalai lama, dolma, India, journey, journeyed, mahabodhi temple, peace pilgrimage, sangay, sentient beings, tibet, tibetan spiritual leader, unesco world heritage, unesco world heritage site, world heritage site, world peace