Three students hospitalised after ‘mysterious’ gas leak in MP schoolNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:51 am ICT by admin
The mysterious leakage forced girls to evacuate the building with many of them complaining of dizziness, nausea and a constriction in the throat.
At least six students fell unconscious.
“Three girls have been admitted to hospital, while others have been given glucose water,” said Mitilesh Mishra, Principal of the school.
The incident occurred around mid-day and was immediately reported to the police, who rushed to the site.
“We were in a class when suddenly there was foul smell after which we had constrictions in our throats and there was also a bitter taste in our mouths,” said Shrishti, a student.
Police said the cause of the leakage has not been determined and the investigations are in progress.
“Preliminary investigations do not show anything, but still we have called a fire brigade and they are investigating,” said Subir Singh, officer in-charge, Kampu station. (ANI)
- 48 students fall ill after having mid-day meal - Jul 14, 2011
- 103 hospitalised due to chlorine gas leak in Bombay Port Trust - Jul 14, 2010
- Chlorine gas leak near Mumbai Port Trust, three killed, over 50 hospitalised - Jul 14, 2010
- 60 children fall ill after mid-day meal - Sep 14, 2011
- Seven members of family found dead in Mexico - Aug 14, 2012
- 53 students taken ill after mid-day meal - Jul 16, 2011
- Over 120 Afghan schoolgirls sick after poison attack - May 24, 2012
- Bengal school vice-principal held for caning students - Sep 06, 2012
- 11 government school students hospitalised in Goa - Jun 15, 2011
- Schools in West Bengal's Bankura district lack basic facilities - Feb 28, 2011
- 47 Afghan students fall sick after 'toxic spray' - Apr 24, 2010
- 27 kids fall ill after chlorine gas leaks in China - Jun 19, 2011
- 12 girl students 'poisoned' in Afghanistan - Apr 21, 2010
- Empowering children to tackle their problems themselves - Nov 14, 2011
- Chlorine leak: 17 fall ill in Haryana - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: bitter taste, constriction, dizziness, fire brigade, forced girls, foul odour, foul smell, gas leak, glucose, gwalior, higher secondary school, hospitalised, investigations, mid day, mouths, mp school, nausea, panic struck, school panic, three girls