Three people reported with swine flu symptoms in MumbaiJune 11th, 2009 - 11:35 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 11 (ANI): Health authorities at Mumbai isolated and quarantined three patients who showed symptoms similar to the dreaded pandemic H1N1 flu on Thursday.
“There are three patients. They age from 25-35, one is 26-years-old other one is 32-years-old and third one is 35-years-old. They are Indian nationals coming from Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala and they travelled from Jeddah to Mumbai via Riyadh and after arriving in Mumbai International Airport they had slight symptoms of fever and cough,” said Dr. Umesh Aigal, Medical Superintendent, Kasturba Gandhi Hospital for Infectious Diseases, Mumbai.
“They have been sent from the airport screening doctors to Kasturba Hospital for isolation and for investigation,” Dr. Aigal added.
The throat swabs of the three suspect cases have been sent to National Institute of Virology (NIV) at Pune for confirmation of swine flu. (ANI)
- Swede quarantined with swine flu symptoms in Bangalore - Jun 16, 2009
- Lethal virus not spreading in Gujarat, says minister - Jan 20, 2011
- One more dies of H1N1 in Orissa, toll rises to three - Aug 04, 2010
- India issues fresh guidelines after swine flu death (Intro Roundup) - Aug 04, 2009
- India issues fresh guidelines after swine flu death (Roundup) - Aug 04, 2009
- Senior citizen dies of swine flu in Lucknow - Aug 22, 2012
- Immediately isolate new lethal virus patients: Virology institute - Jan 19, 2011
- Bangalore's private hospitals join to fight swine flu - Aug 08, 2009
- US national quarantined with swine flu symptoms in Bangalore - Jun 13, 2009
- Killer disease is not Japanese encephalitis - Jun 28, 2012
- India reports first swine flu death in pandemic Pune (Roundup) - Aug 04, 2009
- Three test swine flu positive in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Aug 17, 2009
- India reports second swine flu death, 783 infected (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2009
- One more tests positive for swine flu in Hyderabad - Jun 25, 2009
- India reports three more swine flu cases, total 15 (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2009
Tags: cough, flu, flu symptoms, gandhi hospital, health authorities, indian nationals, infectious diseases, jeddah, karnataka, kasturba gandhi, kerala, medical superintendent, national institute of virology, niv, pandemic, pune, riyadh, swine flu, throat swabs, umesh