Three Naxals get death sentence for Bara massacreFebruary 11th, 2009 - 9:43 pm ICT by ANI
Gaya, Feb. 11 (ANI): Three Naxalites were sentenced to death and three got acquittal in connection with the Bara massacre case on Wednesday.
It may be recalled that the Naxalites slaughtered 35 upper caste Bhumihars 17 years ago.
Gaya District and Sessions Judge Daroga Prasad, designated the special TADA judge, pronounced Vyas Kahar, Naresh Paswan and Yugal Mochi of the Maoist Communist Centre (MCC) guilty of involvement in the carnage and awarded them the death penalty.
The court acquitted Tyagi Mahto, Vijay Yadav and Madhusudan Sharma citing, saying the prosecution had failed to establish charges beyond reasonable doubt.
The MCCs armed group brought the 35 men of Bara village to the bank of a nearby canal, tied their hands and slit their throats.
The victims were believed to be sympathizers of the Ranvir Sena, a private militia of upper caste land owners, engaged in a bloody feud with the banned ultra-left organization, which has since merged with the People’’s War Group to form the CPI (Maoist). (ANI)
- Two Bihar legislators face social boycott - Jul 24, 2012
- Bihar fears revenge attack after Ranvir Sena chief's killing - Jun 07, 2012
- Violent protests rock Bihar for third day - Jun 03, 2012
- Bihar to move apex court against massacre case acquittal - Apr 18, 2012
- Ranvir Sena chief killed, curfew imposed on Bihar town (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- CPI-ML to move apex court against massacre case acquittal - Apr 20, 2012
- Bihar votes in final phase amid fears of Maoist violence (Second Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- Bihar court acquits 23 in caste massacre case - Apr 16, 2012
- Voting under way for final phase of Bihar polls (Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- Caste to play main role in Bihar fifth phase poll (Curtain Raiser) - Nov 08, 2010
- Thousands join Ranvir Sena chief's funeral - Jun 02, 2012
- Ranvir Sena chief shot dead; Bihar put on alert (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Amid threats of Maoist violence, Bihar polls enter last lap (Curtainraiser - Phase 6) - Nov 19, 2010
- Odisha-based party to contest election in 12 states - Jul 08, 2012
- Now, a survey on status of Bihar's upper castes - May 06, 2011
Tags: armed group, bloody feud, daroga, death sentence, gaya district, kahar, madhusudan, maoist, maoist communist centre, mccs, mochi, naresh, naxalites, paswan, ranvir sena, reasonable doubt, tada judge, upper caste, vijay yadav, vyas