Three more suspected militants arrested for Delhi blastsSeptember 21st, 2008 - 4:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , Sept 21 (ANI): The Delhi Policeclaimed to have arrested three more suspected militants allegedly involved in last Saturdays Delhi serial blasts.
In a joint operation by the Special Cell and South District police, the three Indian Mujhaideen (IM) terror suspects identified as Zia-ur-Rehmaan, Shakeel and Shakir, were taken into custody from South Delhis Jamia Nagar this morning, police said.
The arrests took place in the same locality where on Friday the Delhi Polices Special Cell had gunned down two Indian Mujhaideen terrorists and nabbed one in a fierce encounter.
Out of the 14 people suspected to have been involved in the Delhi blasts that claimed 24 lives, five, including the three who were picked up today, have been arrested so far and two were killed in an encounter on Friday.
The Delhi Police had yesterday claimed that Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) was the “vital link” of banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) and Indian Mujahideen which were behind the serial blasts in various parts of the country and terror mastermind Atif may have been influenced by Al-Qaida.
Joint Commissioner (Special Cell) Karnal Singh told media persons: Atif alias Bashar, who was killed in Friday’’s encounter in South Delhi , was the main man from Indian Mujahideen and seems to have been inspired by global terror organisation Al-Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden.
He also said that with the arrest of Mohammad Saif from Jamia Nagar during Friday’’s shootout and Zeeshan from Jhandewalan of Central Delhi, the serial blasts case in Uttar Pradesh courts last year had been cracked. (ANI)
- India Mujahideen terrorist arrested from UP - May 14, 2012
- Delhi Police says LeT helped SIMI, IM in serial blasts - Sep 20, 2008
- Batla House shootout: Court paves way for trial (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Three more suspected terrorists arrested in Delhi - Sep 21, 2008
- Mumbai police claim cracking 13/7 blasts; centre baffled (Second Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: 11 accused fail to appear in court - Feb 21, 2011
- Arrested terrorists sent to 14 days of police custody - Sep 20, 2008
- Three more suspected terrorists held, plot thickens (Roundup) (With images) - Sep 21, 2008
- A coaching centre for the poor - inside a police station! - Mar 25, 2012
- Arrested terrorist confesses to role in Delhi blasts - Sep 20, 2008
- Indian Mujahideen terrorist remanded to police custody - Feb 03, 2010
- Trial to begin in Batla House shootout case - Feb 15, 2011
- Apex court says no to probe into Batla house killings (Lead) - Oct 30, 2009
- Indian Mujahideen terrorist sent to police custody - Feb 06, 2010
- Now, Gujarat cops seek Jundal's custody - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: atif, bashar, central delhi, delhi blasts, delhi police, district police, islamic movement, jamia nagar, lashkar e taiba, main man, media persons, morning police, mujahideen, saif, serial blasts, shakeel, shakir, south delhi, zeeshan, zia