Three militants killed in Assam encounterJune 11th, 2009 - 5:37 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, June 11 (ANI): Three militants, including two ULFA cadres, were killed and another injured in two separate encounters in Assam on Thursday.
According to police, the five National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) militants exchanged fire at around 4:00 a.m. during a joint operation conducted by the army and police in Naharbari village.
One NDFB militant was killed and another injured in an encounter. However, four other militants, including the injured ultra, managed to escape.
A Chinese grenade, AK-56 rifle, 72 rounds of ammunition, several documents, including NDFB letter pads and receipts were recovered.
In another incident, two ULFA militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in the Garo Hills along the Assam-Meghalaya border at Mankachar bordering Bangladesh.
Both have been identified as hardcore ULFA cadres Megha Hajong and Dinesh Rabha of the outfit’s 109 Battalion.
Security forces recovered an AK-81 rifle and several explosives. (ANI)
- Ulfa's bomb-making unit busted; 2 held - May 21, 2012
- ULFA militants killed in Assam - Aug 06, 2012
- High security in Assam after ULFA messages intercepted - Sep 10, 2012
- Ulfa cadre killed in Assam - Apr 08, 2012
- Three cops killed in militant ambush in Meghalaya - Jun 04, 2011
- Meghalaya's views sought to declare GNLA outlawed - Nov 01, 2011
- Five killed in Meghalaya ambush - Nov 01, 2011
- Rebel group asks Assam-based groups to leave Meghalaya - Aug 15, 2011
- Assam-Meghalaya border villages to shun militants - May 16, 2012
- Three Bodo militants killed in Assam - Jul 13, 2012
- Rebel attack: Meghalaya seeks central forces - Jun 06, 2011
- Garo militant nabbed in Meghalaya (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Bodo militants, Ulfa linkman nabbed in Assam - Jul 10, 2012
- Garo rebel outfit chief lodged in Bangladesh jail: BSF - Jun 23, 2012
- Assam-Meghalaya ethnic clash planned: Home ministry - Jan 10, 2011