Three killed, 14 injured in police firing in BaramullaSeptember 6th, 2010 - 11:34 pm ICT by ANI
Baramulla (J-K), Sep. 6 (ANI): Three persons were killed and 14 others injured as security forces allegedly opened fire on a stone pelting mob in Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday.
Reportedly, the stone-pelting mob had attacked a senior police officer’s convoy in Baramulla District.
According to police sources, they used batons to chase away a group of youths who had blocked the Srinagar-Baramulla National Highway at Palhalan in Pattan area.
The situation instigated as the protesters started pelting stones, leading to clashes between the two sides.
Seventeen persons suffered injuries in the police firing. But one of the injured, Feroze Ahmad Malik, died while being shifted to a hospital, Mohammad Ramzan Mir and Noor-ud-Din Tantray succumbed to injuries in different hospitals.
A police spokesman said an inquiry has been initiated into the incident to fix responsibility.
“Senior police officers have taken a serious view of the firing incident and an enquiry has been initiated. Ammunition of the policemen is being checked to fix responsibility,” said the spokesman
He also said those who are found involved will have to face action as per the law. (ANI)
- Three protesters killed in Kashmir, toll 68 (Third Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- Four including two teenagers killed in Kashmir firing (Fourth Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- Two including 16-year-old killed in Kashmir firing (Second Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- Four killed, 47 injured in Kashmir Friday - Aug 13, 2010
- Kashmir toll 98 in 100 days of unrest - Sep 18, 2010
- Two critically injured in continuing Kashmir violence - Sep 12, 2010
- Teenager killed, four injured in Kashmir firing (Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- As tensions mount, curfew imposed in Srinagar - Sep 07, 2010
- Three killed in Kashmir firing, over 50 injured (Night Lead) - Jul 31, 2010
- Three killed in Kashmir as protesters defy curfew, toll 93 - Sep 17, 2010
- Toll in Kashmir violence rises to four - Jul 31, 2010
- Widespread violence in different parts of Kashmir - Sep 13, 2010
- Violence continues in curfew-bound Kashmir, toll four (Lead) - Jul 31, 2010
- Stone-pelting mob clashes with police in Baramulla - Apr 06, 2012
- Kashmir valley largely peaceful, barring a few stone-pelting incidents - Aug 16, 2010
Tags: ahmad, ammunition, clashes, convoy, feroze, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, malik, mohammad, noor, police officer, police officers, police sources, police spokesman, policemen, protesters, ramzan, security forces, srinagar, three persons