Three Kashmir terrorists killed in gunfight (Lead)February 8th, 2011 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Feb 8 ( IANS) Three guerrillas were killed by security forces in a gunfight in the Ramban-Banihal area along the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway in Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday, police said, adding two of the ultras belonged to the Hizbul Mujahadeen and the third was from the Lashkar-e-Taiba.The gun battle started in the morning and lasted till late afternoon, Inspector General of Police Dilbagh Singh told reporters at a hurriedly convened press conference here late in the evening.
Dilbagh Singh said that the “killing of the terrorists was a big blow to the terrorist outfit and a big relief to the people of the area”.
The three slain terrorists were identified as Abdul Rashid Naik, divisional commander of Hizb-ul-Mujahadeen (Pir Panjaal Range), Nasir Ahmed Naik, district commander of Hizb-ul-Mujahadeen and Mushtaq Ahmed of Lashkar-e-Taiba.
The gunfight started at Manjosh near Banihal in Ramban district of Jammu region. It lasted for more than eight hours, during which the army and police, negotiated slippery hills and dense forests to “eliminate the terrorists”, Singh said.
- Three terrorists killed in gunfight - Feb 08, 2011
- Two most wanted LeT commanders killed (Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- LeT wiped out from three Jammu districts: Police - Aug 04, 2011
- Two LeT militants killed in J-K encounter - Apr 24, 2011
- Two militants killed in Kashmir - Oct 06, 2010
- Two militants killed in gunfight in Jammu and Kashmir - Jan 10, 2010
- Hizb terrorist killed in Jammu gunfight - Jan 23, 2010
- Militant involved in Kandahar hijacking arrested in J&K; (Second Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Delhi blast mastermind trapped in Kishtwar? - Nov 15, 2011
- 10 militant commanders killed in Jammu - Mar 08, 2010
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant killed in Kashmir - May 26, 2012
- LeT terrorist killed in Kashmir, commander escapes - May 25, 2011
- Militant killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Jul 26, 2010
- Three terrorists killed in Jammu - Jun 22, 2009
- Three LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight (Second Lead) - Jul 15, 2011
Tags: abdul rashid, army, dense forests, district commander, divisional commander, eight hours, guerrillas, gun battle, inspector general, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, lashkar e taiba, late afternoon, mujahadeen, pir, security forces, slippery hills, terrorists, ul, ultras