Three foreigners, 4 others killed in US drone attack in Pak tribal areasOctober 10th, 2008 - 12:34 pm ICT by ANI
Miranshah, Oct 10 (ANI): At least seven people, including three foreigners, were killed in a missile attack by a suspected United States drone, 20 kilometres east of Miranshah, local witnesses have said.
The attack on Ghundai village in North Waziristan Agency targeted the house of Muhammad Sultan, son of Zaley Gul.
Local tribesmen recovered seven bodies from the bombed site and feared the toll could rise. There are three foreigners among the dead, the Daily Times quoted witnesses, as saying.
Earlier, tensions between America and Pakistan heightened over the past one month, when four tribesmen were killed and nine others injured in a missile launched by a suspected US spy drone in first week of october.
On October 1, Pashtun tribesmen shot at three drones circling the village of Khusali Toorikhel in North Waziristan, a known hideout of Taliban and Al-Qaeda militants.
After the drones came under fire a missile hit a house in the village. We have four dead now and another nine people were injured, The News quoted a local security official as saying.
The US has stepped up attacks on militants in Pakistani territory since a new civilian government came to power in March and the incidents have become an issue in the US presidential election. (ANI)
- 10 killed in Pakistan drone strike - May 24, 2012
- 6 die in Pakistan drone strike - Oct 13, 2011
- Three US drone strikes kill 11 suspected militants in North Waziristan - Jan 01, 2011
- US drone strike kills 5 in North Waziristan - Oct 12, 2008
- US drones kill 15 in northwest Pakistan - May 17, 2011
- 21 killed in Pakistan drone strikes (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- US drone strike kills 4 in northwest Pakistan - Sep 01, 2012
- US drones kill 14 militants in N.Waziristan - Nov 08, 2010
- 15 militants killed in US drone attack in North Waziristan - Dec 27, 2010
- US resumes drone attacks in Pakistan - Jan 12, 2012
- Five militants killed in US drone strike in Pak's North Waziristan region - Dec 07, 2010
- 8 militants, including foreign nationals, killed in US drone strike in Pak tribal region - Oct 14, 2010
- US drone attack kills four militants in North Waziristan - Dec 11, 2010
- U.S. drone strikes kill 21 in North Waziristan - Aug 10, 2011
- Drone strikes kill 21 in Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: al qaeda, al qaeda militants, civilian government, drone, drones, hideout, kilometres, local security, missile attack, muhammad sultan, north waziristan agency, pakistani territory, pashtun, security official, taliban, tensions, three foreigners, tribal areas, tribesmen, us presidential election