Three die as two train engines ram into each other in PuneJuly 7th, 2008 - 9:23 pm ICT by ANI
Pune, July 7 (ANI): Three people died and two sustained injuries when two train engines collided head on in Pune on Monday.
Fire Brigade was informed at 8.30 in the morning about the accident. We found that the two engines were badly collided with each other. We also found a few bodies trapped in between the trains, said Pradeep Ranapise, fire brigade official.
The collision took place in the early hours at the Ghorpadi yard, killing three railway personnel, including a driver and a guard, on the spot.
One engine ran over the other.
Rescuers have recovered all the bodies and the injured have been hospitalized.
The cause of the accident in not known. Railway authorities have begun investigations.
India has one of the largest railway networks in the world.
Experts say that slow modernization of the Indian railways is one of the main reasons of the train accidents in the country. (ANI)
- 25 dead as Hampi Express rams into goods train in Andhra (Second Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Six killed as trains collide in Poland (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- 10 killed, 99 injured in Brazil accident - Aug 13, 2012
- 40 train accidents till July 2011 - Sep 02, 2011
- Two die as goods trains collide in Orissa - Aug 31, 2011
- Three trains collide in US - Jan 07, 2012
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- 15 killed as Hampi Express hits stationary train in Andhra (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Train crash in South Africa injures more than 850 - May 20, 2011
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- Two train accidents injure 21 - Nov 23, 2011
- One dead in Bengal train collision, Railways announce compensation (Lead) - Jan 08, 2012
- Mantralaya fire toll rises to five (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Mantralaya fire: toll climbs to three (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- 15 killed in Tamil Nadu train collision: Police - Sep 14, 2011