Three CRPF personnel killed in Chhattisgarh naxal attackFebruary 19th, 2009 - 2:53 pm ICT by ANI
Raipur, Feb 19 (ANI): At least three CRPF personnel were killed and nine policemen injured in a naxal attack in Chhattisgarhs Kanker District last night.
The injured have been admitted to a government hospital in Raipur.
Over 70 districts in the country are affected by Left wing extremism, which has been described by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as a “virus” and the biggest internal security threat.
In continuing naxal violence in around a dozen states, over 400 people, including over 150 security men, have been killed so far this year.
The Government recently approved formation of a 10,000-strong special anti-Naxal force “COBRA” - Combat Battalion for Resolute Action - to tackle the menace.
In another decision, the Union Cabinet approved creation of 48 new posts of Special Directors General, Additional Directors General and Inspectors General in various central police organisations keeping in view functional necessity.
These posts will strengthen the supervisory structure of these organisations for better command and control. (ANI)
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Aug 07, 2012
- Security forces kill 17 Maoists (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Home Minister to convene high-level meeting to discuss naxal situation - Feb 05, 2009
- Congress questions Maoist killings in Chhattisgarh - Jun 30, 2012
- Centre promises naxal-hit states full support to combat menace - Jan 07, 2009
- Full-fledged COBRA operation to start soon in naxal-hit states - Jun 21, 2009
- Cabinet approves Rs 500 crore special scheme for Naxal-hit states - Sep 11, 2008
- Maoists kill 26 security personnel in deadly Chhattisgarh attack (Night Lead) - Jun 30, 2010
- High alert in Chhattisgarh - Aug 14, 2012
- Maoists kill 26 in deadly Chattisgarh attack (Third Lead) - Jun 30, 2010
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- Congress seeks CBI probe into Chhattisgarh killings - Jul 02, 2012
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Two guerrillas gunned down in Chhattisgarh - Aug 25, 2012
Tags: cobra, combat battalion, crpf, dozen states, government hospital, internal security, kanker, manmohan, manmohan singh, policemen, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, security men, security threat, union cabinet, violence, virus, wing extremism